Depending on knowledge and experience
Via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
Engine Performance Calibration Engineer Calibrate and validate our best-in-class engines for optimal performance.
As an engine performance calibration engineer you will be part of a team which calibrates our best in class engines for optimal performance under all conditions within the defined constraints. Your tasks:
- Develop heavy duty diesel engines with focus on engine performance and ECU function calibration.
- Performance validation of new proto engines
- Analyse and solve deviations
- Monitor spread
- Deliver feedback for improvements
- Take part on one of many engine calibration tasks within the team, all with the goal to have optimal fuel economy and performance within the defined constraints.
- Take initiative to constantly improve tools and processes
- Documentation of test results, tool usage and possible improvements
- Collaboration in teams to support several different projects
As an engine performance calibration engineer you will report directly to the Engineering Supervisor of the System Calibration team.
PACCAR’s European Truck division, DAF Trucks, is the fastest growing truck manufacturer in Europe. DAF Engine Development is the centre of competence for heavy duty diesel engine development within PACCAR. We are driven to providing environmentally friendly products that are cost-effective and highly reliable for our customers. Within the engine development department, the system calibration group is responsible for optimization and calibration of new developed engines.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF Trucks. We offer :
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master degree in Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering
- Engine testing experience, preferably on heavy duty truck engines
- Data acquisition
- Data analytics
- Experience on heavy duty truck engine calibration is a pre
- Matlab experience (modelling and scripting) is a pre
- Knowledge of statistics
This person has the following competences:
- Result orientation
- Progress monitoring
- Attention to details
- Excellent English skills both verbally and in writing and has the willingness to learn Dutch