Max. € 70,000
Over deze vacature
Are you the Senior Mechanical Designer who actively takes part in the organization but also may find a challenge in architecture work? We are looking for you!
As Senior Mechanical Designer/Architect you are part of Frencken Engineering department.
Frencken Engineering is a specialist in all aspects of product development, from mechanical, electrical and mechatronic design to motion & control. They also have extensive applications know-how, for example, in motion control, precision positioning in cleanroom or vacuum environments. They can start with an idea, functional specifications, a working prototype or an existing product, and take it to series production. Their Product Creation Process ensures an effective project execution, including the NPI process when going into series production. The multidisciplinary teams, led by seasoned project managers, work closely with customers’ development people as well as with their global supply chain management and manufacturing resources. As experts in ‘design for manufacture’ they avoid bottlenecks, delays and unexpected quality issues and deliver consistent quality. They provide their customers with leading edge technology from all across the globe, while maintaining a keen eye on cost and reliability.
- Reviews and negotiates on customer requirements.
- Renders customer requirements into (sub)system and electrical, software, wiring and motion control requirements.
- Breaks down specifications into modular concepts and functions, enabling reusability also in future system designs.
- Prepares quotations with (sub)system concept(s), material costs and reliable development effort estimations.
- Creates (sub)system concepts with proven technology/risk management in mind, optimized by a multi-disciplinary view and founded by necessary theoretical calculations.
- Creates (sub) system designs, based on defined concept(s). Product cost, regulations, manufacturability, serviceability, technical risk, project delivery time and development effort have to be taken into account.
- Creates or delegates electrical, software, wiring and motion control designs to (external) designers and engineers.
- Supports the Sales and Customer organizations as a technical specialist.
- Supports Frencken mechatronics with complex production issues as a technical specialist.
- Takes technical responsibility in projects and is aware of his/her leading role in these projects.
- Maintains and improves personal and technical knowledge via training and networking.
- Pro-actively contributes in improvement processes.
- Coaches colleagues and delegates work.
- Initiates and manages in- and external discussions concerning system requirements, architecture and electrical, software, wiring and motion control design.
- Transfers relevant knowledge with stakeholders in- and outside the organization.
- Manages his/her own work and the work assigned to others based on the project plan.
- Delivers planning and development strategy input to the project managers.
- Inspires and coaches team members to get the job done and is willing to go the extra mile.
- Initiates and deploys changes and improvements within Frencken Engineering.
- Manages progress and problems pro-actively until closure.
- Verifies system concepts and designs pro-actively with his stakeholders and delegates parts of it to designers and engineers.
Frencken Europe develops and produces complex mechatronic machines and devices for leading clients in the medical, analytical and semiconductor industries, based on customer specifications. Thanks to an innovative approach and modern design techniques, the time-to-market is kept as short as possible.
Frencken Europe also takes care of the construction and verification of prototypes. In addition, Frencken Europe supports the introduction within the other Frencken companies. The projects are carried out by multidisciplinary teams that work closely with development partners and suppliers.
Frencken Europe is part of the international Frencken Group Ltd with subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and the USA.
One year contract from YER with good primary and secondary conditions.
Contract with client after one year of secondment.
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- More than 5 years’ experience as a Senior Designer in high-tech product development.
- Proven theoretical and practical knowledge of mechanical constructions, precision mechanics and DfX.
- Skilled in stakeholder management.
- Capable in quickly capturing the business impact of technical decisions.
- A conceptual, lateral, analytical and creative thinker with helicopter view.
- Good communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Leadership (technical), motivating, coaching and delegating skills.