Attractive Salary, based on knowledge & experience
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified senior Engineer to work within a creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
DAF Trucks N.V. located in Eindhoven (Netherlands) is looking for a Senior Engineer On Board Diagnostics (application software)
The senior Engineer Communications is responsible for the SW On Board Diagnostics (OBD) domain within the department Application Software.
The OBD function area comprises functions, which diagnose the application software on different control systems on the truck covered by Legislation and standards. Supporting functionalities like OBD diagnostics, MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) and Fault Code Requirements, Readiness, In Use Monitor Performance Ratio (IUMPR) and CALID/CVN are part of the work package as well. Generic knowledge on diagnostic messages over CAN and combustion engine and after treatment functional domain help in fulfilling the role.
You will be securing all the knowledge, having the technical lead within the functional domain, and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area. You will create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the software architect. You will support the function lead engineer application software in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation. You will discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the software requirement documents. As an owner of the functional knowledge, you will support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation. As a central point of contact, you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain. The senior engineer diagnostics deploys the diagnostic properties in agreement with the property owner diagnostics.
The senior engineer can be part of one or more agile software development teams, that will analyse and develop software functions according input requirements or issue reports.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group within the department of Platform development and functionally to the system owner application software.
DAF Trucks N.V. in Eindhoven is part of the PACCAR Inc., which is one of the biggest global players in the heavy duty truck industry. The known truck brands of PACCAR are Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF. Within the PACCAR Inc. DAF engine development is the centre of competence for engine development. In our state-of-art engine development centre we develop engine families for the future regulations. Our engines and trucks are best of class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for our customers. As a globally working company we do offer optimal opportunities to contribute to our success in a multicultural team.
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of PACCAR engines and DAF Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. The candidate will be working in the Application Software group.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a permanent contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
- Technical education on college/university level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical or automotive engineering
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according to internal and external standards)
- At least 3 year of relevant experience in the OBD domain
- Experience and knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow is a plus
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Experience with real time embedded systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum or Kanban is a plus
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming, and OBD related Heavy Duty OBD scan tool and IUMPR Data Collection tool
- Affinity with control system domain and application software
- Knowledge of standard SAE J1939 - Serial Control and Communication Heavy-Duty Vehicle Network is a plus (especially SAE J1939-73 and SAE J1939-84)
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE is a plus
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and succinctly
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form. Willing to learn Dutch language.