Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
To support the growth in projects and technology development, we are seeking a well-qualified senior Engineer to work within a creative team in an innovative, fast moving environment.
The senior Engineer Communications is responsible for the SW On Board Diagnostics (OBD) domain within the department Application Software.
The OBD function area comprises functions which diagnose the application software on different control systems on the truck covered by Legislation and standards. Supporting functionalities like OBD diagnostics, MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) and Fault Code Requirements, Readiness, In Use Monitor Performance Ratio (IUMPR) and CALID/CVN are part of the work package as well. Generic knowledge on diagnostic messages over CAN and combustion engine and after treatment functional domain help in fulfilling the role.
You will be securing all the knowledge and having the technical lead within the functional domain and maintaining overview of all developments in that specific area. You will create architecture within this functional area, in agreement with the software architect. You will support the function lead engineer application software in planning, prioritizing, analysing and evaluating software implementation. You will discuss functional requirements in your functional area with the author of the software requirement documents. As an owner of the functional knowledge you will support embedded software engineers in designing and testing software implementation. As a central point of contact you’ll be responsible for planning and reporting status of issues in your domain. The senior engineer diagnostics deploys the diagnostic properties in agreement with the property owner diagnostics.
The senior engineer can be part of one or more Agile software development teams, that will analyse and develop software functions according input requirements or issue reports.
In this position you report to the Supervisor of the Application Software group within the department of Platform development and functionally to the system owner application software.
PACCAR’s European Truck division, DAF Trucks, is the fastest growing truck manufacturer in Europe.
The Platform Development department within Embedded Engineering is responsible for the development and design of all Electronic Control Units, both software and hardware, of PACCAR engines and DAF Vehicles. The department is divided in three groups: Application Software, Software Engineering and Hardware. The candidate will be working in the Application Software group.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF Trucks N.V. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Technical education on college/university level with a specialisation in control theory, mechanical- or automotive engineering
- Knowledge of embedded software design processes (according to internal and external standards)
- At least 3 year of relevant experience in the OBD domain
- Experience and knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and Stateflow is a plus
- Knowledge of model-based design techniques is preferred
- Experience with real time embedded systems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum or Kanban is a plus
- Experience with process supporting tools for defect management, calibration and programming, and OBD related Heavy Duty OBD scan tool and IUMPR Data Collection tool
- Affinity with control system domain and application software
- Knowledge of standard SAE J1939 - Serial Control and Communication Heavy-Duty Vehicle Network is a plus (especially SAE J1939-73 and SAE J1939-84)
- Knowledge of automotive safety and standards like ISO 26262, AutoSAR and SPICE is a plus
- Ability to collaborate across different groups having varying levels of expertise and skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially listening and synthesizing
- Analytical skills and the ability to abstract from the current situation
- You are able to explain complex technical information clearly and succinctly
- Fluent in English language - effective communication in both verbal and written form
- Willing to learn Dutch language