€ 60,000 - € 70,000
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
For Philips Research Development, YER is recruiting a Numerical Modelling (flow) Expert.
Computational mechanics is used to accelerate the development of new propositions in the health continuum by Philips, to improve our understanding of relevant physical phenomena, and to enable new healthcare propositions in the market. You will work on projects that vary from impact resistance of handheld devices to the functional behaviour of oral care devices to failure analyses for large-scale imaging devices imaging systems and its modules and components. You need to work closely with researchers in other research fields and product experts from the businesses. Projects range from short term (weeks) to longer term (years).
- Immediate participation in one or more projects for Philips in Personal Health and/or Professional Healthcare
Philips Research Development (Eindhoven).
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
- Physics, aerospace engineering or mechanical engineering, with emphasis on flow phenomena and on multi-physics applications (multi-physics: coupling of complex flow phenomena with other physics phenomena, such as mechanical interaction).
- PhD in the relevant areas with significant numerical modelling work
- Preferably with more than 2 year relevant working experience in business (Personal Health or Professional Healthcare area is a pre).
- Significant experience on modelling complex flow phenomena and fluid structure interaction. Strong theoretical background required.
- Experience and affinity with CFD modelling and be able to master quickly the relevant software tools.
- Experience with preferably StarCCM+, or otherwise Fluent, Ansys CFX or Comsol is required.
- Preferably several years of experience in the relevant fields.
- Strong communication and team player skills are preferred.
- Proactive approach and critical attitude.