Over deze vacature
We are looking for a passionate Software Developer! This vacancy is to join a dedicated team to develop and deploy a brand new, state-of-the-art, user oriented software solution which is supporting the planning and work preparation processes for ASML's maintenance engineers.
This software solution will be the platform where ASML's ~500 users in a 24x7 operation go to for all required information regarding maintenance planning and preparation of the EUV fleet. It will interface with several other ASML legacy systems/databases and presents information to our users as needed in a decluttered and clear manner.This software solution is considered to play a central role in ASML's continuous improvement journey to make our operation more effective, efficient and LEAN.
The ASML Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML lithography systems at customer site.
As a software developer, you’ll join ASML's local development team and work with the other developers using the SCRUM development methodology and delivering end-user features and functionalities per two weeks “Sprints”. Based on user stories written by the product owner and key users, the development team implements and creates the solution.
You will be integral in architecting, developing and creating our holistic solution to support the mentioned business processes. Their small team of developers split their work naturally in a logical manner, based on experience and tasks at hand.
While our ideal candidate is a full stack software developer with all skills listed below, we are especially interested to interview dedicated front end developers with DevOps experience.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- React and Redux
- Agile-based and scrum
- DevOps - Continuous Integration – Continuous Delivery & Deployment
- Relational databases (like MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases (like Couchdb)
- Web Services (REST)
- Front and back quality assurance
- Team player, likes to work closely and in good collaboration with co-developers and product owners
- Effective and well developed communication skills
- Takes full ownership to overcome obstacles in his project and to realize a successful sprint
- Drives for high quality in all aspects of the team and in his/her own deliverables and products
- Learns from feedback and eager to improve
Context of the position
You will be part of a small SCRUM development team, working closely together with other developers and the product owner.
The majority of the team (including product owner and scrum master) is located on the US West Coast, but your position is based the Netherlands. This does require flexibility in terms of working during Dutch evenings as well as occasional travel to USA. Daily stand-up is at 1730 Dutch time.