Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Engineering, IT, Energie
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
As System Engineering Expert – Quality and Reliability you are responsible for the realization and management of product quality and reliability targets in product creation projects. These projects can cover every phase of the product life cycle, e.g. advanced development, product development, launch and/or sustaining.
You will be mainly involved in designing in, proving and improving quality, reliability and regulatory (e.g. safety, environmental, EMC) aspects in healthcare products and associated production processes. In your role, you will define and manage the quality and reliability strategy in a professional way and take responsibility for execution and delivery of results. You will maintain and develop knowledge and expertise resulting in service propositions that are attractive to your customers.
As System Engineering expert - Quality and Reliability Expert you will
- Apply and Facilitate Design for Quality, Reliability, and Testing (DfX) best practices in development projects.
- Work with project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to identify and manage Quality and Reliability requirements
- Develop actionable quality management plans to release products and processes according to specified quality levels
- Manage & execute risk identification activities, e.g. set up the risk management plan, facilitate e.g. user, design or process FMEA, fault tree analysis, …
- Set up and manage design, parameter and/or process optimization, verification and validation test activities.
- Use established Business Excellence methodologies such as DfSS, DMAIC, Statistical Engineering (Shainin tools), PDCA, Kaizen events, SPC, 8D ...
- Provide data driven expert opinion on root cause analysis of failure modes
- Liaise with other expert centres, lab facilities to execute reliability investigations and tests
- Deploy best practices for quality, reliability and requirements engineering globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching to enhance maturity
- Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses and develop actionable proposals and plans to address these
- Manage your activities and services according to good project management practices
The Product Quality & Reliability team is part of Reliability Solutions service of Philips Innovation Services and is a dynamic group of more than 20 experts in the field of Reliability and Quality engineering. As part of the Q&R service, they have direct access to a broad range of product reliability test- and material analyse facilities and experts. All are DfSS Green belt or Black Belt, active in designing in or improving reliability of complex, innovative products and processes for our customers from both internal Philips businesses as well as external companies, located all over the world.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips Innovation Services.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Healthy work-life balance.
- PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business R&D environment
- Experience of working in a regulated environment or a medical device company has a strong preference
- A proven track record in the application of quality and reliability best practices (DfSS, DfR)
- Experience in manufacturing quality control and improvement programs is highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge and a proven track record in implementing and applying concepts in the fields of design in quality and reliability, testing and problem solving techniques and quality tools in projects
- DfSS/DMAIC Black Belt or equal by experience
- You combine analytical and conceptual thinking, physical insight, flexibility and a hands-on mentality to deliver sustainable results and creative solutions
- Excellent reporting and documentation skills
- Experience with working with quality and reliability tools and templates, e.g. Minitab, JMP, Reliasoft, FMEA, FTA, HAZOP, …
- Excellent consultancy skills and the ability to connect with business stakeholders
- Good project management skills
Furthermore to be successful in this role you are:
- Motivated, self-driven with a determination to succeed and the ability to manage change
- Analytical, you are open to new ideas and believe in continuous learning in order to develop new competencies
- Customer focused, have excellent communication skills and you are a team player
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel a substantial part of the job