Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development, Engineering
Over deze vacature
Do you enjoy being involved in the different phases of vaccine development? Do you like to work in a team of talented and dedicated colleagues? Did you always want to work in a company where your work can have a real impact on people’s life?
For the R&D department of our client, YER is looking for a Scientist experienced in virology and cell culture technology. The position starts as soon as possible.
As a Scientist you will be involved in the different phases of vaccine development for viral infections in animals. You interact closely with colleagues within your own Ruminant R&D department and other departments such as manufacturing, quality, animal research and regulatory affairs.
- In collaboration with other team members plan, perform and analyse experiments
- Growth, quantification and characterization of viruses using in-vitro test systems
- Planning, execution and reporting of in-vitro and in-vivo testing of vaccines
- Development of new test methods or production processes for new or existing vaccines
- Interacting closely with fellow (Associate) Scientists within own and other departments such as Discovery & Technology or Regulatory Affairs
- Performing experiments and departmental tasks and procedures in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Safety Health and Environment (SHE) requirements
The R&D department has global responsibility for the development of new vaccines for large and small ruminants with a primary focus on cattle. The team is primarily based in Europe and in the US and collaborates with the global R&D network of the companies' Animal Health to develop and register new Ruminants vaccines in all markets of interest.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development.
- Bachelor degree (HBO) or Master degree in the subject area with minimal 3 years of laboratory experience
- Experience in laboratory techniques within the areas of virology, cell culture as well as molecular and immunological techniques
- Experience with GLP and SHE requirements
- Proactive approach towards activities, with own initiative and enthusiasm
- An adequate level of English (written and spoken) is necessary
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Excellent team player
- Affinity with animal health and vaccine development