Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development, Engineering
Manufacturing, Education, High Tech
Over deze vacature
Our client has developed proprietary technology to manufacture high-quality CMF and CNF and has recently built a pilot plant at the Brightlands Chemelot Campus to scale-up and optimize this process and develop products that can find high-value applications in a variety of markets.
R&D is having an open position for a product engineer in the Nano cellulose Competence Centre. The main activity of this group is to develop an Innovative Technology for fibrillary Nano cellulose (CNF) and identify high value applications in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders. The product engineer will be responsible for developing the structure, properties, functionalities toolbox to support market introduction. The development of fundamental understanding and analytical methods that lead to identifying the potential for application in markets as rheology modifiers, food and cosmetics, paper & board manufacturing and fibre-reinforced composites is in scope.
Key Result Areas:
- Independent research to physical and chemical analytical tools and methods to understand pivotal characteristics of CNF
- In-depth understanding of rheology and the potential value of CNF as a rheology modifier and/or stabilizer
- Realise new methods to characterise CNF, often in close cooperation with top-universities, understanding the value of CNF in:
o Replacement of incumbent rheology modifier and anti-sagging agents in concrete and admixtures, cosmetics, and paint and coatings markets;
o CNF fibre reinforced composites with various matrices such as PP, ABS and PLA in scope;
o Development of bio-based substrates used for replacement of plastic packaging for environmental friendly cellulose based solutions. Development of barrier properties will be substantial part of the job;
o Replacing incumbent fibre-materials in additive manufacturing.
- Project management: coordination and execution of multidisciplinary projects targeted to secure timely realisation of deliverables agreed upon within budget
- Coaching and guidance of laboratory technicians for project related work
- Establish and maintain relations with universities, institutes and industrial partners
- Deliver technical support to New Business Development
- Multidisciplinary team interactions, spanning from pilot plant to production members, fundamental process development scientists, application development engineers and business team
Our client is a leading producer of graphic paper and specialty cellulose, and is expanding activities and creating new business opportunities in adjacent business segments.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- Academic degree, preferably in physics, chemical engineer, or materials science focussing on rheology
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Driven and output focussed
- Creative and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Proven track-record in related activities
- Expertise in project management (reporting, organisation, planning, budget control)
- Must preferably have the potential to grow to level for leading projects of high complexity
- High degree of engagement
- Professional command of English at least at the B1 level of the Common European Framework of reference for languages
- Effective communication skills and good sense for political savvy