€ 60,000 - € 70,000
Over deze vacature
Within the unit Traffic & Transport, you work in the Powertrains research department, contributing to the Program Sustainable Mobility where our vision is to become a centre of excellence on vehicle and fleet assessment while using different zero emission technical solutions for different transport modes.
You have the role of research engineer / integrator, giving you the chance to shape the technologies contributing to a sustainable future. Being part of a multi-disciplinary team working in multiple challenging projects, both national and international, with key automotive partners and stakeholders, you are at the forefront of research and development focused on hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. Primary expertise should be around PEM, although other technologies such as SOFC are also relevant By focusing on innovative solutions, you play a key role in strengthening and further building on our position in the automotive industry. Activities include, but are not limited to:
• Technology assessment and testing
• Modelling and simulation of sub-systems, vehicles and fleets
• Optimisation, advanced control and energy management
• Innovation concepts and technology development
Your technical role provides you the chance to experiment a wide range of activities, spanning from modelling and simulation, powertrain control development, hardware implementation and testing. Topics are focused on hydrogen and fuel cell technologies as well as battery technology and vehicle assessments in general. Within project teams, you will have a range of roles, including technical expert and technical lead of projects and will be given opportunity and support to further develop both your technical expertise as well as soft skills.
Alongside technical activities, the role provides you the opportunity of setting up projects (both funded and B2B), where enthusiasm and experience in project proposal writing are considered a strong plus.
The job will require you to participate in international projects and hence you should be willing to travel to international customers.
Our client is an independent research organisation whose expertise and research make an important contribution to the competitiveness of companies and organisations, to the economy and to the quality of society as a whole. Innovation with purpose is what our client stands for. They develop knowledge not for its own sake but for practical application. To create new products that make life more pleasant and valuable and help companies innovate. To find creative answers to the questions posed by society. They work for a variety of customers: governments, the SME sector, large companies, service providers and non-governmental organisations. Working together on new knowledge, better products and clear recommendations for policy and processes. In everything they do, impact is the key.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client
The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience
- 25 free to spend holidays per year
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle
- Good pension scheme
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life
- An open culture and clear communication
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions
• You have a master’s degree in a relevant field, for example automotive engineering, systems and control, electrical engineering, with a broad technical knowledge on hydrogen and fuel cell technologies. System engineering, modelling and simulation are your strong technical competencies, with hardware development and testing considered as a strong plus.
• At least 5 years relevant experience, with industrial experience considered as an advantage.
• Embedded software development expertise (e.g. C/C++), knowledge in Matlab/Simulink, as well as other simulation tools typically used in the automotive industry is considered a plus.
• Experience in direct interactions with (international) customers and can help translate their needs into well appreciated services and solutions.
• You enjoy developing innovative solutions to technically challenging problems and have the right mix of intellectual curiosity and pragmatism