Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For a big semiconductor company in Nijmegen, YER is recruiting a Medior RF Validation Engineer.
The company provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Department / Project
In the Product Line Smart Antenna Solutions (SAS) products are developed which receive and transmit RF signals. Products are IC components placed between the antenna and the central connectivity SoC ICs in the customer application. The product range today targets mobile consumer handset applications on WLAN, LTE and GPS and also includes Infrastructure base station products like amplifiers and 5G mmW transceivers.
With 2B+ consumers coming online and over 50B connected devices, there is a massively growing demand for always-on connected devices. Consumers are also putting ever more pressure on wireless communications systems in terms of performance and reliability. For example we don’t want our mobile signal to drop out in the middle of a call, or struggle with a slow internet connection, or have to wait to find a GPS signal when travelling. Many of today’s devices are addressing these challenges by moving to Active Antenna Systems, with their ability to handle Multiple Input, Multiple Output (MIMO) requirements. However this adds even more complexity to the RF front-end, in addition to the ever shrinking available footprint. And many existing solutions lead to too much compromise when it comes to getting the right balance of performance, reliability, flexibility, integration ease and cost-of-ownership. The company has long been a key innovator in RF process and product technologies. In comparison to other process technologies, our SiGe:C QUBiC technology provides the highest level of integration without compromise. It enables the entire RF front end to be integrated onto a single IC while still delivering exceptional RF performance and lowest total cost-of-ownership. In fact, as we see the further repartitioning of RF and media functions in mobile phones and other connectivity applications to address consumer demands, the company will continue to help our customers achieve even more Integration Without Compromise.
Validation engineer’s main responsibility is to ensure that the product actually performs its intended functions in its intended environment. He/she provides the product validation strategy and execute/lead the validation activities (debugging, functional evaluation and characterization) according to BL standards and in agreed project timeline.
- Discuss with product architect, design engineer or lead validation engineer how a system or product requirement should be validated. This includes test cases, hardware configuration, specifications and limitations
- Define test set-up both hardware and software required to implement each test case
- Test Hardware and Software development
- Test set-up release according to required capability (reproducibility and reproducibility) and test time
- Execute product validation according to plan
- Using data analysis tools, handle large measurement data and provide clear overview of product performance against specifications
- Provide clear analysis and conclusions on the compliancy of the product against the defined requirements
- Contribute in delivering BiC infrastructures for silicon validation (Accuracy, Time to Market, Coverage, Traceability)
- Contribute in the System and Product Validation Roadmap
- Review and support deliverables of other disciplines within the project
Big semiconductor company.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to the company
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years relevant experience in RF testing
- MUST: Strong RF Testing knowledge, knows how the interaction of product characteristics and equipment settings determines the accuracy of the measurement
- MUST: Experience in Test Automation (Labview and Teststand preferred)
- Team player, capable of handling technical discussions inside technical community
- Works pro-actively in problem solving, debugging and focused on solutions
- Good management of tasks and proactively communicate to different stakeholders the status of activities
- Delivers on commitment with highest quality
- Capable of presenting clearly his/her ideas to different stakeholders