Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For a big semiconductor company in Nijmegen, YER is recruiting a Principal RF Hardware Validation Engineer.
The company enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
With 4B+ consumers coming online and over 50B connected devices, there is a massively growing demand for always-on connected devices. The company is active in worldwide standardization and is introducing new products in infrastructure and in handset consumer equipment to enable this step in the wireless communication evolution. As an established leader in RF, BL Smart Antenna Solutions addresses all these challenges.
Are you an engineer with a high expertise in high frequency PCB design, simulation and validation?
Do you want to live your ambition to grow in the very heart of where tomorrow’s RF technology is developed?
We are looking for a key innovator in RF process and product technologies. In comparison to other process technologies, our SiGe:C QUBiC technology provides the highest level of integration without compromise. It enables the entire RF front end to be integrated onto a single IC while still delivering exceptional RF performance and lowest total cost-of-ownership. This is why our customers turn to us for smart antenna solutions. The company will continue to help our customers achieve even more Integration Without Compromise.
You will be part of the Business Line product development team of 100+ people including RF IC architects, Design Engineers, Validation Engineers, Test-Product Engineers and Project leaders. The capabilities in the team enable innovation and product development of RF IC products from roadmap request up to full market release. The team is working on IC products for Mobile and Infrastructure equipment in the fields of Mobile communication applications, including 5G mmW up to 60 GHz. The position is based in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. The projects are executed in close cooperation with other Product Creation Centers in France and the US.
The validation engineer’s main responsibility is to ensure that our high performance 5G mmwave and WLAN FEIC products perform according to challenging product specifications. This is done using our state-of-art RF validation test system. This position focuses on leading Hardware strategy and implementation (PCB/Laminate) to validate our products
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Gather multiple requirements from different domains (design, application, reliability, validation) and come up with consistent and Best in Class PCB/Laminate strategy required to validate the product
- Design test structures to qualify PCB design and technology
- Understand the effect of the PCB configuration to the product performance via simulations and measurements
- Define the de-embedding strategy including implementation and verification
- During evaluation, works together with the design engineer in setting-up DOE to debug and optimize product performance
- Execute product validation according to plan
- Provide clear analysis and conclusions on the compliancy of the product against the defined requirements
- Actively contribute in the Validation Domain Roadmap, will be the technical owner of the PCB/Laminate Strategy for the multiple product portfolio
Big semiconductor company.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to the company
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension)
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or PhD level.
- MUST: 5-10 years relevant experience in mmwave PCB and Laminate Design including extensive knowledge on EM simulation tools such as Momentum, HFSS, ADS
- Hands-on experience in RF/mmwave Testing preferred: Network Analyzer; Spectrum Analyzer; Signal Generator.
- Experience in leading technical discussions and driving them to conclusion
- Capable of presenting clearly ideas to different stakeholders
- Works pro-actively in problem solving, debugging and focused on solutions
- Good management of tasks and proactively communicate to different stakeholders the status of activities
- Delivers on commitment with highest quality