Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Over deze vacature
Do you know what is needed to run ASML's applications on the customer’s network? And how to interact both with the customer’s IT department and the ASML development team? If so, then this role of IT Stack Architect at CS is just the opportunity for you.
The sector Customer Support (CS) is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems on customer locations and supporting the customer in the use of these systems in his production process.
Within the CS New Product Introduction process the introduction of new technologies into the ASML worldwide service organization is managed. By realizing this we ensure that the worldwide service organization can execute service delivery to meet customer Service Level Agreements at the agreed cost targets as defined by the Business Lines.
The IT Stack Architect is part if the so called “install prep team” that consists out of a Project Leader from CS and an IT stack architect (this vacancy) and is responsible to prepare ASML's (future) customers for the installation and maintenance of the VCP product. VCP stands for Virtual Computational Platform and is a virtual platform that is installed on the customers IT infrastructure, which enables large ASML software applications. In the past ASML offered a hardware solution (LCP) as platform for these applications, but due to scalability and maintainability challenges of this platform, this is now being transitioned to the customer’s network.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Master’s degree (or Bachelor + relevant experience) in a software background.
2-5 years’ experience in a relevant industry.
Profile IT stack architect/consultant for installation prep team
- Has a (high-over) understanding of the VCP concept > Cloudera knowledge/understanding is a pre
- Able to assess which boundary systems need to connect to the VCP in customer landscape
- Aligns with D&E and customer on requirements for the initial VCP installation
- Amount of resources required (CPU, RAM, disk, #VMs) to run a VCP (use case dependent)
- Required network configuration for high available and disaster recovery proof set-up
- Broad experience of IT stack areas, including
- Experience with HA/DR set-sups for applications
- Knowledge of various stack technologies (technologies used can differ across customers)
- Storage (e.g. NetApp, SolidFire)
- Compute (e.g. HP, Cisco)
- Network (traffic flows, zoning)
- Virtualization (e.g. ESXi, VMware, HyperV)
- Consulting skills; needs to be able to translate customer requirements to stack requirements and provide recommendations on implementation
- Able to formulate lessons learned and improvements for future roll-outs. 3 to 4 installations per quarter. 6 months lead time per installation. Needs to be physically present at VCP customer site 2-3 times per installation
Related activities that are covered by the Project Leader of CS (colleague in the install prep team)
- Lithography domain knowledge
- Site readiness for the local CS organization
- LCP-VCP migration scenario
- Incident resolution (handled by Managed Operations)
- Remain persistent: I have a clear picture of the outcome in my mind. When setbacks occur, I search for opportunities to learn and stay focused to overcome them. I stay on course and am persistent in achieving goals.
- Structure, prioritize, decisiveness: I plan and organize my own work and anticipate on next steps. When I delegate, I make sure to empower those I delegate to. I am transparent in my way of working and ensure that those reporting to me or others work transparently as well. I will support direct reports or colleagues, give them constructive feedback and review their work. I make sure that everybody is familiar with the strategic direction of our work. I ensure that on different levels goals and targets are aligned to go into the same direction.
- Adjust interaction style: I respect and show interest in different cultures from curiosity and mutual understanding. I do not judge others on their way of working, but adjust my style of interaction in order to work effectively with intercultural teams or people from other cultures. When working abroad I show willingness to use habits of other cultures.