Max. € 80,000
Engineering, Bouwkunde en Civiele Techniek
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
High-quality metal and glass-based optical components are produced at TNO for the space and high-tech-systems industries, for customers including Airbus, Thales, NASA and ESA and many SMEs. These components are used in important applications such as the Sentinel 5P global air quality monitoring satellite. Manufacturing takes place within the Optics Manufacturing Department through machining, grinding and polishing processes using various CNC machines, coating and manual work.
You will work together with business development colleagues to bring in new projects, and when implementing projects you will be responsible for delivering results to a satisfied customer on time and within budget. For the implementation of projects you will work together with the Manager of the Optics Manufacturing team, other Project Leaders, Research Engineers and 12 optical manufacturing experts.
The Optics department develops knowledge within five technology lines.
Spectroscopy identifies samples and characterizes matter using the wavelength of light.
Fiber Optic Sensing measure and monitor chemical, biological and industrial processes in demanding environments, allowing process control and optimization.
Nano photonics develops integrated sensor systems for (bio)chemical and physical parameters sensing. Also, TNO explores the potential of promising meta materials for optical applications.
Both high end industrial manufacturing (e.g. lithography) and advanced scientific experiments (e.g. astronomy) rely heavily on the availability of accurate and robust measurement equipment. Using our metrology expertise we invent, design and develop such systems and the technology needed to produce them.
TNO offers complete calibration concepts for (one of a kind) optical instruments.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
As a project leader you will be responsible for projects within Optics Manufacturing. To properly perform the role, it is important that you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You have experience as a project leader within manufacturing projects. You are used to managing multiple projects at the same time.
- You have affinity with the optics industry and technology and you know how to act within an optical workplace.
- You have strong communication skills (with optics specialists, research engineers at PhD level, project leaders, management, and business developers). You work in a structured way and enjoy working together to achieve the best results.
- You are a project leader who keeps calm in a dynamic environment, encourages team members to achieve top results together and knows how to position the department well with (potential) customers.
- You can clearly anticipate, understand and take into account the customer’s perspective and translate this into appropriate actions for yourself and the team.