€ 43,000 - € 66,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you a software expert and looking for a new opportunity? Now is the time to respond.
In our client's “offshore support structures” team they are looking for a software expert. For all their offshore projects, the team is responsible for performing project specific wind turbine load calculations and integrated support structure design, focusing on the primary (load carrying) structure. An internal software development project team is responsible for development and maintenance of the engineering tools. Important aspects of the tool development are engineering process automation and user experience. Furthermore, the team focusses on improving the development process in order to increase quality. The project team is located in The Hague (NL).
What are the key responsibilities associated with the job?
- Support the software development project using expert knowledge in engineering software development
The team consists of 6 highly motivated engineers with a technical background and self-taught programming
skills. These engineers should be supported in the broadest sense with the goal of improving functionality, code quality and development processes
- Assist in migrating the current codebase form purely MATLAB based code to a general-purpose programming language, most probably Python
- Set up data storage of input data and analyses results such that large datasets can be easily stored and accessed for analysis and comparison
- Support in implementing DevOps best practices. This includes managing both internal and external code dependencies and setting up repositories in a sensible way, migrating the current codebase to a hosted VCS platform (GitLab) and setting up automation such as CI & CD pipelines
- Improve the current unit test framework and promote the design of testable code
- Assist in implementing graphical user-interfaces for the engineering tools that are user-friendly and maintainable. Aid in choosing which ecosystem best to use for these interfaces
Our client is world market leader in offshore wind power, and with their innovations they aim to make the difference for wind power projects throughout the world. Our client supplies wind turbines and is an outstanding supplier of reliable, environmentally friendly and affordable renewable energy systems. In 90 countries worldwide they supply clean and renewable energy in the form of wind turbines with a total capacity of 85 GW, of which 50 GW under service, and a team of 25.000 employees. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshore wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cuttingedge service solutions. Offshore projects in the Netherlands include Gemini, Westermeerwind, Borssele 1-2 and Fryslân.
- Work in one of the leading offshore wind power companies and thereby contribute to renewable energy worldwide.
- Work in an awesome team of enthusiastic professionals with a very open atmosphere and many activities both inside and outside of the office
- Competitive salary
- Excellent secondary employment conditions
- 25 holidays + 13 additional days
- 8% holiday payment
- You have a least 10 years of experience in software development within multiple companies. You are up to date on the latest best practices and are willing to share your knowledge and improve our way of working
- You are well acquainted with the SCRUM methodology and are willing to assist in implementing this
- You have at least 3 years of working experience with Git and a hosted Git platform such as GitHub, Bitbucket or preferable GitLab. Experience in setting up CI & CD pipelines is considered a pro
- You have at least 3 years of working experience in Python. Experience in MATLAB is considered a pro, as well as experience in data science and statistics
- You have experience with different databases (i.e. SQL vs NoSQL) and are able to judge which solution would work best for the application at hand
- You have experience with basic web technologies, including HTML, (S)CSS, JS. Experience with a JS framework such as Angular, React or Vue is considered a pro
- You thrive in an international environment; our projects bring together various employee groups, nationalities, cultures and authorities
- We are looking for a person with good communication and presentation skills
- In addition, you are enthusiastic, decisive, self-starting, result-oriented, customer focused, resourceful and creative