€4,500 - €5,200
Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Over deze vacature
The Site Accounting & Reporting Team (SA&R), as part of Corporate Finance IFR&C, is responsible for the (monthly) financial closing processes of site Geleen, ensuring accurate and timely recording of year-to-date Manufacturing costs, fixed assets and inventory valuations. Next to this, the SA&R team is also involved in many other operational and project related site activities like budgeting, statutory reporting and Turn-Arounds. SA&R is a critical business partner for the manufacturing stakeholders by translating the characteristics of the organizational units into financial transactional processes.
· Perform periodic accounting including month end, quarterly and year-end closing as per the established accounting practices and procedures.
· Ensure relevant GL accounts are reconciled and accounting entries are recorded in accordance with SABIC accounting policies and procedures and the necessary accounting standards.
· Timely and accurate completion of the management reporting, interpretation and analysis of reports and liaise with the embedded control function (E&BS) to look for improvement opportunities.
· Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and other reports as required by (internal) customers and (local / national) authorities
· Support the preparation of various site departmental budgets, including (ad hoc) investigation and reporting of variances relating to the actual results.
· Ensure the site is fully compliant with internal and external business controls to safeguard assets and liabilities (controllership).
· Ensure principal inventories located in Geleen are accounted for correctly and valuations for both finished product and raw materials are stated accurately.
· Proactively and continuously, find opportunities to make the function’s processes more efficient and effective.
Since SABIC’s founding, its employees have exhibited a remarkable ability to do what others said couldn’t be done.
Ranked among the world’s largest petrochemicals manufacturers, SABIC is a public company based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. 70% of the Company’s shares are owned by the Saudi Arabian government, with the remaining 30% publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange. SABIC began in 1976 by Royal decree and its growth has been nothing short of miraculous. Today, the company has operations in over 50 countries with a global workforce of over 33,000 talented individuals.
Temporary and challenging position till end of 2019. YER offers a temporary contract with secondment to Sabic.
Support the SA&R Manager in creating a partnership with embedded Control organization to provide the site with an efficient and cost-effective accounting and reporting service whilst ensuring that all necessary controls are followed and reporting deadlines are met with particular emphasis on the Inventory and Product Costing team.
· Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting/Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting.
· Good technical accounting knowledge especially in Product Costing.
· In-depth knowledge of FI/CO areas of SAP and relevant modules.
· Familiar with MS office in particular advance level in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
· Flexible - no nine to five mentality.
· Team player - Communicates constructively, comes forth with ideas to foster cooperation within the team and across teams, demonstrates commitment to the team and its goals.
· Process improvement mindset: always looking for ideas to drive down operating cost and enhance transactional efficiency and integrity.
- Strong accounting knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills - ability to understand revenue - cost structures and translate data into clear analytics.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to add-value to team and the business.
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Excel and PowerPoint).
- Flexible business partner.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills (team player).
- Leading by example.