Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For TNO, we are looking for a Project Lead in the Electronic Domain within the Defence Department.
As a project manager you are responsible for realizing project results on time and within budget. What that result varies. The one time it concerns a feasibility study or analysis, the other time a prototype or even an end product. You always work on multiple projects at the same time. As a result, you constantly switch between the various topics during your working day. You often work on behalf of clients in the defense and security domain. You develop a clear picture of the needs behind customer questions and of the frameworks and interests of the project. You then plan and organize the research.
Within the project you provide guidance to provide high-quality answers to customers and to strengthen the knowledge base of your department. Thanks to you, the members of the project team know exactly what is expected of them and they have the opportunity to fully develop themselves. You pay extra attention to the development of starters within your team. You will also look for new ways to bring the knowledge that your department develops to the market. For this you work together with content experts and business developers.
How do you prevent a roadside bomb from using electromagnetic signals? What techniques do you use to make navy ships or aircraft of defense invisible on the radar of opponents? How do you disrupt the communication of enemy forces? On which wavelength do you set an infrared camera, so that you get as detailed a picture of the target as possible? The 45 highly trained electrical engineers, physicists and mathematicians from the world-leading Electronic Defense team look for answers to these types of questions and help build electromagnetic innovations. We mainly do this for clients in defense, police and justice. We work together with national and international partners in multidisciplinary projects, scientific panels and NATO working groups.
Read more about electronic defense at TNO (https://www.tno.nl/nl/aandachtsgebied/defensie-veiligheid/expertisegroep/electronic-defence/)
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
You are a real regulator who thinks it is a challenge to get complex projects on the road independently and to bring them to a successful conclusion. You speak the language of the technicians, but you also show your added value in conversations with customers. You excel in translating technical-scientific research into usable solutions for the (international) market. What else do you have?
• A university masters degree or PhD in a technical direction, preferably physics, electrical engineering, astronomy or mathematics.
• Interest in radio frequency communication, electromagnetic propagation and / or electromagnetic effects.
• Experience as a project manager.
• Affinity with defense and security.
• Good command of English and willingness to work abroad for short periods when necessary.