Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
The main goal of this position is to expand our possibilities and capabilities in the field of analysis (laboratory) workflow automation and chemical informatics. This involves the following main branches:
- Development and maintenance of an R&D database application (LIMS).
- Development of scripts and dashboards for (chemical) data analysis, modelling and visualization (chemometrics/cheminformatics).
- Development of (automation) scripts for specific laboratory applications (e.g. data processing, instrument interfacing).
In this role, you will spend most of your time applying your programming skills to build new scripting solutions for our (internal) customers and interacting with those customers. This latter aspect is all about getting to understand the needs and wishes of those customers (mainly experimentalists with a chemical background) and translate those into user-friendly computational solutions. In addition, you will be involved in troubleshooting to help the users of the applications that you are responsible for (including the LIMS database application).
You can expect collaborations with numerous people, varying from your chemical informatics-technical colleague (in this respect, you will become half of a team-of-two), your other colleagues from the analytical department, stakeholders from the R&D projects and Oce; colleagues outside R&D (IT department, Quality Assurance, etc.).
- Workflow automation: define technical requirements, design, implement and maintain scripts to automate (parts of) the analytical work process.
- Chemometrics: define technical requirements, design, implement and maintain chemometric scripts applied to analysis and quality assurance processes.
- Identify new opportunities for value-adding chemometric applications to the R&D questions you encounter.
- LIMS: support maintenance and troubleshooting activities for the LIMS database application used at Oce.
- Data visualization: support, expand and bring in new ideas to further improve visualization and reporting of analysis (meta)data, in order to monitor and optimize the output of the analytical department.
Founded in 1877 in Venlo, the Netherlands, Océ has a long history of technical innovation and development. A key asset is inkjet, a game-changing and widely applicable imaging technology. Our ambition is to build on our expertise in jetting for high-volume, high-speed printing and to position ourselves as a thought leader in jetting technology and applications. Jetting is key to our future, and we are energized by our exploration of its extensive possibilities.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Océ. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector;
- Intensive and personal guidance;
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme.
- You have at least an MSc degree in a relevant field and 3+ years of relevant experience. More specifically, this means that you fit to either of the following profiles:
- Background in Physical Sciences, preferably Chemistry, Bioinformatics or Physics with substantial experience in scientific programming, including automated data processing, modelling and visualization.
- Experience obtained in an academic setting is considered relevant.
- Required is that it included working with large and complex datasets and the development of data analysis tools (GUI).
- Background in Computer Science with work experience in Data Science / Chemometrics in a company setting, involving work in the domain of chemistry or physics. Experience in an R&D and/or laboratory environment is considered a plus.
- You have profound programming skills in scripting languages (e.g. Python, R or Matlab) with a focus on automation, chemometrics, data science or machine learning.
- You are customer-oriented, have a flexible work attitude and enjoy collaborating with others. You are able to translate complex questions into practical applications and user-friendly (computational) solutions.
- Experience in the field of software development is considered a plus. The same holds for experience with code version control (e.g. Git) and Windows and/or Linux CLI (Command-line interface).
- Ideally, you also have (basic) experience with Business Intelligence (BI) solutions (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Splunk, Tableau, etc.).
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Profound knowledge of Dutch is a plus.