Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We seek an enthusiastic research engineer capable of contributing to research activities that comply to the industrial product development needs for Philips Research.
Signaling pathways play an important role in the development of a normal cell into a cancer cell. In our project we develop a molecular test to detect aberrant activity of signaling pathway causing tumors to proliferate. Currently we are looking for a lab technician with hands on experience with RT-qPCR assays, next-generation sequencing, preferably RNAseq, and RNA/DNA extraction methods to strengthen our team. You’re challenge would be to support our project in the lab and to report on your results in lab journals, reports and project team meetings. Experience of working in a development setting with relevant experience in documentation would be advantageous.
Philips Research is a global organization that helps Philips introduce meaningful innovations that improve people’s lives. We provide technology options for innovations in the area of health and well-being, targeted at both developed and emerging markets. Positioned at the front-end of the innovation process, we work on everything from spotting trends and ideation to proof of concept and – where needed – first-of-a-kind product development.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector;
- Intensive and personal guidance;
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme.
- HBO/HLO degree is preferred
- Background in molecular biology
- Hands-on experience in gene expression measurements, RNAseq and/or RT-qPCR, and RNA/DNA extraction
- Accurate and precise
- Team player
- Affinity with documentation
- Reporting in English (orally and in writing).