Depending on knowledge and experience
Via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Challenging simulation engineering position in state of the art engine technology.
Do you want to be part of the team at DAF, developing the most efficient and clean drivelines of the future? And thereby enabling DAF to further expand its leading position in driveline development? In that case the position of Powertrain Simulation Engineer is perfect for you.
As Powertrain Simulation Engineer, you’ll join the Advanced Testing team in our state of the art Engine Test Center (ETC). Advanced Testing mainly focuses on development activities in an early stage of the development process of heavy duty drivelines. Based on advanced simulation technology, high tech solutions such as virtual testbeds, on which software integration, functionalities and calibrations are validated, are applied.
As Powertrain Simulation Engineer you report to the Supervisor Advanced Testing.
PACCAR’s European Truck division, DAF Trucks, is the fastest growing truck manufacturer in Europe. DAF Trucks is developing engines and aftertreatment systems for heavy duty trucks in Eindhoven. The ETC is the center of its development activities. It’s a State of the Art testing environment, with advanced engine testbeds and specialist test rigs. Within the ETC, all supporting activities for the validation, calibration and certification process of heavy duty drivelines are done.
The Advanced Testing department mainly focuses on development activities in an early stage of the development process, using specialist test rigs. These include a single cylinder research engine for combustion investigations, a FIE test rig for testing fuel injection equipment, cold climate rooms to calibrate cold starts up to -40°C and several component test rigs. Also, based on advanced simulation technology, virtual testbeds are used for software integration, functionalities and validation of calibration..
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF Trucks N.V. We offer:
- Good employee benefits
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative, result-oriented and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
• Master in Systems or Control (Automotive Technology or Mechanical Engineering)
• Knowledge of simulation tools such as AVL Cruise/CruiseM;
• Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink models;
• Capable of comprehending complex systems;
• Knowledge of English language in words and writing;
• Comfortable in a dynamic and hectic environment and capable of dealing with changing priorities;
• You are analytical and studious, hands on and solution oriented;
• You are a team player who can also work independent.