Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you possess technical leadership and can you influence your stakeholders to deploy software architecture changes and development methods? Do you want contribute to the highly advanced and extremely complex systems and push boundaries, set new standards and make the impossible, possible – every day? Keep reading!
The software orchestrates the behaviour of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module, accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the machine to position the product in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy!
As well as using systems to position the product, they also use systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the Functional Group are implemented in software by the Software Department. Your role is to design, realize and integrate high-quality software engineering solutions, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex functions. The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Breakdown complex software problems into implementable chunks
- Manage, collect and challenge software requirements
- Ensure and improve software quality
- Establish a long-term software vision and a short-term roadmap to reach it
- (Technically) lead a team of engineers and/or sub-function architects
- Look beyond the scope of your own software (cluster) and align on external interfaces and company-wide software concerns
- At a high-level, understand the machine and its concepts, at a detailed level, understand the role your software plays in the machine and the impact it has on the customer.
- Speak the language of the engineers as well as the language of 'functional people', system engineering, marketing and customer support. Bridge the gap between them.
You will be working for a leader in the semiconductor industry with over 23.000 employees worldwide. It has important settlings in the United States, Asia and the head office in Eindhoven. The employees share the passion for technology with a customer focus with a passion for further development and implementation of complex and high-quality technological systems.
We offer you the following benefits:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, holidays)
- Competitive salary, based on level of education and experience
- Development opportunities, including the Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax return and accommodation assistance)
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, System Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years experience as a software architect in a multidisciplinary setting
- Experience in leading a team
- Object-oriented design patterns
- Agile way of working
- Requirements engineering
- Git, SVN or Rational ClearCase
- C/C++, Linux, Matlab and Python
- Experience with model driven engineering is nice to have