Depends on education and experience
Bergen op Zoom
Via YER, Interim / ZZP
Over deze vacature
The Site Accounting & Reporting Team (SA&R) is an integrated part of the worldwide Corporate Finance organization, which provides strong and effective management and control of the global businesses with a leading team of professionals covering, for example, Financial Reporting & Controllership, Tax and Treasury.
SA&R is responsible for the (monthly) financial closing processes for multiple business units of the Bergen op Zoom (NL) and Genk (BE) manufacturing plants, ensuring accurate and timely recording of year-to-date Manufacturing costs, fixed assets and inventory valuations. Next to this, the SA&R team is also involved in many other operational and project related site activities like governance of accounting-related processes in the manufacturing organization, reporting of efficiency and providing audit support. SA&R is a critical business partner for the manufacturing stakeholders by translating the characteristics of the organizational units into financial transactional processes.
The main focus of this role will be controlling the fixed asset accounts and the financial- and operational leases of Bergen op Zoom. Besides this interesting role the function could be expanded with being a valuable support of the Senior Site Accountant of Genk (BE). In this role you will perform the payroll-, general ledger accounting and being the back up of all site accounting and reporting activities of the Belgium entity.
- Execute monthly, quarterly and year-end closing of the Site accounts, carried out as per established accounting practices and procedures
- Perform periodic accounting including month end, quarterly and year-end closing as per the established accounting practices and procedures
- Ensure relevant GL accounts are reconciled and accounting entries are recorded in accordance with the accounting policies and procedures and the necessary accounting standards
- Timely and accurate completion of the management reporting, interpretation and analysis of reports and liaise with the embedded control function (E&BS) to look for improvement opportunities
- Ensure timely preparation of financial statements and other reports as required by (internal) customers and (local / national) authorities
- Support the preparation of various site departmental budgets, including (ad hoc) investigation and reporting of variances relating to the actual results
- Ensure the site is fully compliant with internal and external business controls to safeguard assets and liabilities (controllership)
- Ensure assets located in Bergen op Zoom are accounted for correctly and valuated according to the applicable internal and external accounting principles
- Proactively and continuously find opportunities to make the functions processes more efficient and effective
International organisation in petrochemicals manufacturers.
Competitive salary, depends on education and expience.
- Our job requirements are versatile and the wide range of tasks can be adjusted depending on the candidate’s experience. Previous 2-3 years of experience in accounting is preferred, but starters can also add value in this role
- Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting is required
- Technical accounting knowledge
- Familiar with MS office, MS Excel and PowerPoint
- English both verbal and written is a must, Dutch is a pre, though highly recommended
- Willing to travel +/- 20% of the time in the Netherlands and/or Belgium
- Team player - Communicates constructively, comes forth with ideas to foster cooperation within the team and across teams, demonstrates commitment to the team and its goals
- Process improvement mindset: always looking for ideas to drive down operating cost and enhance transactional efficiency and integrity