Engineering, Manufacturing, Energie
Over deze vacature
Do you like to solve technical puzzles for our customers by replacing existing hard- and software to the latest generation? Do you have excellent communication skills and do you like to travel? Vanderlande is offering a very challenging position as Senior Field Service Engineer (Computer software systems/PLC).
You will be part of the Field Services team. Our Services department provides the full range of services such as Service Implementation, Contract/Project Management, Process Engineering, Inspections & Maintenance and a 24/7 Service Desk organization. Your role will be the support of our team of Computer software systems / PLC engineers for our parcel/postal and warehouse customers mainly in the Benelux and 30% of your time in other countries. Main topic for this role is commissioning of brownfield Computer software systems/PLC related projects. This considers replacement of PLC/computer hard- and software to latest generation, software updates after replacement/expansion of scanner/labelling equipment, system optimization etc. Of course a system cannot work with software only. In this role you must be able to oversee and execute hands-on work on mechanical and electromechanical parts. You will read and update electrical drawings, work on state-of-the-art networks and many more project related tasks. Brownfield projects have a high complexity, so well-developed analytic skills are key to understand not only our system but also the customer process.
- Remote and onsite incident resolution and corrective and preventive maintenance
- Report internally and externally to customers
- Advising customers on and execution of (sub)system optimizations
- Potential shift work for remote controls support in Vanderlande’s Service Desk from time to time
- Analyse system performance and the operator influence
- Monitor system prior to and after changes have been implemented
- Propose improvements for the quality of the service process
- Develop service supporting tools and new ways of working
- Troubleshoot system issues related electro-mechanical equipment, controls (Computer software systems, PLC, SCADA, etc.) and field device networks (ASi, Profi-Bus, Profinet etc.)
- Create CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) service reports, parts consumption and warranty records
Service operations WP is responsible for the end to end scope of Life-Cycle Services to our warehouse and parcel systems. As Senior Field Service Engineer (Computer software systems/PLC) you are a part of the department Service Operations Benelux. This department has a headcount of 50 employees and is growing fast. The operational (service) responsibility of this department is mainly situated at our customers’ sites in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.
In the position of Senior Field Service Engineer (Computer software systems/PLC), you make the difference and will be an important linking pin within the R&D organization. You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’.
We offer a full-time position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development.
- Education at bachelor level in a technical subject
- You have affinity and experience with controls technology Computer software systems/PLC in an international and industrial environment
- You have excellent communication skills and you are customers oriented
- You are able to speak, read and write in English
- You are willing to travel 30% of your time
- You have a driving license