Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you like to solve technical puzzles for customers by replacing existing hard- and software to the latest generation? Do you have excellent communication skills and do you like to travel? Vanderlande is offering a very challenging position as Senior Field Service Engineer (computer software systems/PLC).
You will be part of the Field Services team. Our services department provides the full range of services such as Service Implementation, Contract/Project Management, Process Engineering, Inspections & Maintenance and a 24/7 Service Desk. Your role will be the support of Vanderlande's team of computer software systems/PLC engineers for our parcel/postal and warehouse customers. You will be mainly working in the Benelux and 30% of your time in other countries. Main topic for this role is commissioning of brownfield computer software systems/PLC related projects. This considers replacement of PLC/computer hard- and software to latest generation, software updates after replacement/expansion of scanner/labeling equipment, system optimization and more. Of course a system cannot work with software only. In this role you must be able to oversee and execute hands-on work on mechanical and electromechanical parts. You will read and update electrical drawings, work on state-of-the-art networks and many more project related tasks. Brownfield projects have a high complexity, so well-developed analytic skills are key to understanding not only Vanderlande systems but also the customer process.
- Remote and onsite incident resolution and corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Reporting internally and externally to customers.
- Advising customers on, and execution of, (sub)system optimizations.
- Potential shift work for remote controls support in Vanderlande’s Service Desk.
- Analyze system performance and operator influence.
- Monitor system prior to, and after, changes have been implemented.
- Propose improvements for the quality of the service process.
- Develop service supporting tools and new ways of working.
- Troubleshoot system issues related to electro-mechanical equipment, controls (computer software systems, PLC, SCADA, etc.), and field device networks (ASi, Profi-Bus, Profinet etc.).
- Create CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) service reports, parts consumption and warranty records.
Vanderlande is the global market leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports, and in the parcel market. The company is also a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses.
In the position of Senior Field Service Engineer (computer software systems/PLC), you make the difference and will be an important linking pin within the R&D organization. You get the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande. Our organization has been named for several years in a row a ‘Top Employer’ and ‘Best Employer’.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal and professional working environment with a lot of possibilities for your own personal development. Besides your primary salary, you will receive secondary conditions.
- Education at bachelor level in a technical subject.
- You have affinity and experience with controls technology computer software systems/PLC in an international and industrial environment.
- You have excellent communication skills and you are customers oriented.
- You are able to speak, read and write in English.
- You are willing to travel 30% of your time.
- You have a driving license.
Service operations WP is responsible for the end to end scope of Life-Cycle Services to Vanderlande warehouse and parcel systems. As Senior Field Service Engineer (computer software systems/PLC) you are part of the department Service Operations Benelux. This department has a headcount of 50 employees and is growing fast. The operational (service) responsibility of this department is mainly situated at our customers sites in the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg.