In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Do you have a drive for technology and composites? Do you have knowledge of composites and at least 5 years of relevant work experience? Are you the self-starter who brings composites to a higher level worldwide? Then you might be the new team player we are looking for! For Pontis Engineering in Rouveen we are looking for a Design Engineer for Composites.
As a Design Engineer for Composites you are responsible for developing advanced composite products for a diverse group of clients and markets that require both existing and completely new composite applications. You know that a solid structural design is fundamental to a successful composite product that meets all customer requirements.
You have in-depth knowledge of different composite design methods and concepts and are able to work with the relevant design tools. As an enthusiastic, inquisitive and flexible composite specialist, you are a great asset to our team of design engineers. You will be dedicatedly working on optimized composite solutions in terms of performance, cost-of-energy, ease of manufacturing, time to market and product quality. You are able to work smoothly both within the Pontis team, as with teams at our customers. In several projects, you may instruct or coach other professionals. You will report to the Team Lead of Design Engineering.
Pontis Engineering is a leading international company, active in the rapidly growing industry of advanced composite products.
They specialize in “one stop shop” engineering solutions for the technological development of composite products, excelling in innovative power, cost effectiveness and quality. To this end they supply a wide range of services covering the entire process from conceptual design to (serial) production and transportation.
Pontis forms the bridge between design and manufacturing. This means they assume a pivotal role in the supply chain, creating synergies, innovative concepts and integrated engineering solutions. For each project Pontis composes the optimal mix within the value chain, resulting in a highly successful, innovative and state of the art composite product.
Partnership is the common thread of their service. The core value is to be a dedicated, independent and flexible partner during the entire process and beyond. Pontis closely cooperates with the client’s team on site, providing advice and support, transferring know-how and best practices and finding new ways to optimize the processes and products.
In addition to a good salary Pontis offers you:
- Passionate and professional colleagues who love what they do;
- A challenging position in a high-energy and international work environment;
- A lot of freedom and responsibility;
- 25 vacation days and flexible working hours to preserve a healthy work life balance;
- The possibility to earn a company and a personal bonus in addition to your monthly salary;
- Good insurance and pension scheme. Pontis pays your pension premium;
- Specialized training courses and plenty of room for personal development;
- A good compensation for working abroad;
- And of course, 8% holiday allowance.
Minimum requirements for the Design Engineer Composites position are:
- Master degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Automotive;
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in designing and developing composite products;
- Good in-depth knowledge of composites, including a sound understanding of how to model composite laminates using FEA and other relevant methods;
- A decent understanding of FEA fundamentals and significant experience in using such software (e.g. FEMAP, NASTRAN);
- Passionately following new developments in the field;
- Good expression skills in Dutch and English language;
- Enthusiastic team player;
- Willingness to travel.