€ 80,000 - € 90,000
Via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize optical systems? Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements? Please contact us today. Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an Optical Design Architect.
As Optical Design Architect in our development and engineering department Applications you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment in which you will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in analysing application requirements on system level and translate to module level. Specifying and designing optical modules to the level that a team can do the detailed design. Integrating, calibrating and testing modules in a system context.
In this job it is of utmost importance that you work in close cooperation with colleagues from many disciplines in- and outside ASML, and from different parts of the world (US, Asia, Europe). The work is performed in a dynamic and high-tech environment, operating at the limits of physics. Here strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are crucial. You will work towards meeting expectations and you are flexible. You are ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of your internal and external clients and be responsive, logical, and flexible.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary project (physics, mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, and software) that develops the optical column for the Yieldstar metrology tool
- Analyse the application of the measurement function
- Define and discuss the specification of the light source, optical submodules, their calibration, and their qualification in order to meet the application requirements
- Generate effective and creative solutions in order to realize these requirements, including specification towards software engineering
- Cooperate in modelling and experimental verification of the ultimate system performance of the Yieldstar
- Support the production of the system and its use by the final customers
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
To succeed as the Optical Design Architect you are qualified in Applied Physics on at least Master level, or similar.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Work experience as from 8yrs
- Knowledge of optics and/or laser physics
- Experience with hardware development and sourcing, and specifically concurrent engineering methods.
- Experience with requirements engineering
- Data analysis with MatLab
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and adapt quickly
- Hands-on mentality and result orientation
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Good communicational skills and knowledge of English
- Ambition to grow to a managerial role is not a necessity, but career development in that direction can certainly be discussed
Context of the position. The Yieldstar Sensing group is, within the sector Development and Engineering, part of the Applications business line. We develop and deliver solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors. One of the main products in the portfolio is the YieldStar metrology tool. The Sensing group is responsible for the development of the full optical column and wafer alignment sub-systems of this tool.