Medical & Health, Engineering, IT
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Philips challenges you to use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement some of the world’s most innovative medical products. Your contribution is requested in FORS project https://www.philips.com/a-w/research/research-programs/fors.html and ranges from concept creation to Mechatronics Design of next gen. products or modifications to existing products.
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
• You will be directly responsible for the mechatronic solutions in major projects, which have a mid- to long-term character, are complex, and can be divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also acquires involvement in software and electronic hardware designs.
• You will use your skills, inventiveness and curiosity to combine novel technology with user insight to lead the team in designing parts and assemblies for new medical innovations.
• You will make principle choices for the product designs, subsystems and interfaces.
• You are responsible for the overall manufacturability, interfacing and introduction of new technology and methods in manufacturing sites.
• You will lead internal and external design sub-teams.
• You will work closely with the commercial department to truly understand the customer’s technologic challenges i.o to offer projects, tailored services & technical support.
Philips Innovation Services draws upon a huge range of competences and know-how to support our customers in bringing their innovations to market, as fast and as efficiently possible. Our pragmatic technology experts and consultants benefit from decades of experience supporting customers in Philips Businesses, Philips Research and hundreds of companies outside Philips. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects.
The Mechatronic Products department of Philips Innovation Services is unique in its system design approach which has led to many innovative solutions for our customers. Think of breakthrough solutions especially in concept creation for new clinical procedures and applications.
Our teams support the Philips Healthcare businesses in bringing their innovations faster to market. We are active in product as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. You will be working together in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
Philips Innovation Services will provide you with the opportunity to expand your professional experience. In our competence areas we can offer you stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains, interesting variation, job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience – all within one company. The opportunity to shape and grow your career will be in your own hands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Chance to become a direct Philips employee after secondment period
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career
To be a successful in this role you have:
• A Master’s degree in either mechanical, mechatronic or biomechanical engineering or similar.
• 5 - 10 years of professional experience in complex product development
• Experience in Medical products and medical device standards is a strong plus)
• Proficient in 3D CAD, Creo (pro/ENGINEER) (musthave) or NX unigraphics
• Special emphasis on a demonstrated Mechatronics background in combining mechanical with system engineering, (motion-) control, connectivity and electronic packaging.
• Robust knowledge of design controls and risk management and basic safety (e.g. ISO 14971 and ISO 60601).
• Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing medical products to the market
• Experience with Healthcare Regulatory aspects (ISO13485, FDA)
• Good documentation skills
• Experience in leading designers or design teams
• Team player and strong communicator
• Communication skills, English, Dutch (optional), good social interaction skills