€ 60000 - € 80000
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
Use your engineering expertise to model, design and implement new domestic appliances products. Your contribution can range from early marketing and sales contacts for user requirements, Principal Architects support to project definition and concept creation of electromechanical functions, system layout, requisite mapping, and mechatronics interfaces definition.
You will be directly responsible for the overall design of the electromechanical architecture in a large platform definition project, which has a long-term character, complex, and divided in several sub-projects for the creation of subsystems. This also requires involvement in software and electronic hardware designs, together with multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts.
You contribute in defining the electromechanical architecture, modules interfacing, and introduction of new technology and methods, directly reporting to the Principal Platform Architect, IPLs (Integral Project Leaders), and to Pre-development and Electronic & Software team leaders.
You will be supported by mechanical, mechatronics, hardware and software specialists for the efficient and correct integration of existing platform building blocks, and for defining requirements, development steps and validation process of all new functions.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Experience in translating customer needs into technical requirements and then clearly defining the complete architecture
• Broad technical knowledge and experience with bringing complex products to the market, operating in in a cross-functional teams
• Overseeing complex systems/architectures and being able to deep-dive when needed.
• Experience in coaching (teams of) designers, and engineers
• Team player and strong communicator, also in English
• Provide professional communications skills with team members, and stakeholders
• Strong customer focus
Working at Royal Philips means being part of an international and highly innovative company. We use state of the art technology, which you’ll be working with on a daily basis. In Drachten the Consumer Lifestyle Division of Philips is located. At this facility Philips designs and produces several products such as vacuum cleaners, shavers and coffee machines. Within Philips we treasure our culture of open communication and we invest heavily in the personal development of our employees through training and courses.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips;
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension);
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
• A Masters or PhD degree in either Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronic engineering
• Basics of embedded programming, and of serial communication protocols and standards
• Motor and controls models: DC brushed, BLDCs.
• Li-Ion battery packs
• Multiphysics systems modelling and simulation (Matlab/Simulink)
• Previous project management roles.
• 5 - 10 years System Architecture experience in multi-disciplinary systems within domestic appliances or automotive industries