Good remuneration package
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Do you aspire to work for the global leader in agricultural commodities where they strive for continuous improvement? Being part of an ambitious, multicultural and professional team with an informal and energetic culture. Then this is your chance!
As Business Controller you need to have eagerness to develop understanding of the working of a complex commodity business. And work very close with the trading department and be their business partner in translating numbers, presenting figures and reports and support them in business decisions. You should recognise the 5 core values of the company: safety, entrepreneurialism, simplicity, responsibility and openness.
Most important responsibilities and tasks:
- Preparing the Trade Balance Sheets and Trade P&L
- Market-to market valuations of commodity, derivatives and freight positions
- Preparing global results of the group per commodity and analysing the outcomes together with accountants from many different offices
- Involvement in the reconciliation of inventory and derivatives positions with third party statements and in the audit process
- Ad-hoc projects in regards to process improvement and group related aspects
The reason of this vacancy is because of replacement of an internally promoted Business Controller.
The global leader in the origination, handling, processing and marketing of agricultural commodities, such as grain, oilseeds, sugar, cotton and biodiesel. They are located in over 35 countries and employing 13.000 people worldwide.
Using their network of storage facilities, processing plants and transport assets they process, manage and supply these commodities to their customers. Through their industry insight, strong relationships and their asset network, they focus on the sustainability, safety, quality and reliability of everything they do.
You wil work within a professional, informal, diverse and international organization that will help you develop your skills and expertise. As well as this, they offer:
- A competitive salary
- Flexible and attractive pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Social activity with the team / colleagues (every once in a while)
- Working in a professional service oriented office the centre of Rotterdam, next to Blaak station
We're looking for an energetic, pro-active person with a strong drive for continuous improvement. You have a practical attitude and no-nonsense mentality.
- Master's degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience, preferably in a BIG4 audit firm
- IT literate with extensive knolwedge of MS Office - Excel (and preferably ERP system)
- Very strong communicator, analytic and as well an independent as a team player