€ 4,000 - € 7,500
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Do you have a bachelor, master or PhD degree in engineering or technical degree? Dou you have 10-15 years of experience in an engineering and/or manufactiring field? Experience with problem solving, preferably in a pharmaceutical/ biotech environment? Then continue reading!
Under the direction of an Area Director, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the implementation of projects and studies that support business objectives. The Senior Project Manager leads the project implementation activities ranging from early pre-charter activities, conceptual scoping, basis of design, detailed design, cost budgeting and control, scheduling, estimating, procurement, contract administration, construction management, safety, qualification, communications management and project close-out. As part of the role the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with other Integrated Project Team (IPT) members, plant operations personnel and outside contractors;
- Monitoring and appraising the work of suppliers in the preparation of project related deliverables;
- Undertaking studies, applying MSD's Capital Management Process, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methods and providing consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations;
- Applying knowledge of scientific and engineering principles, regulatory policies, engineering standards, and practices to optimize design and construction of facilities;
- Applying knowledge of capital project phases to plan and perform appropriate work during each phase;
- Identifying opportunities for innovative improvements to enhance facility/ equipment/controls design and construction to ensure operational excellence;
- Applying safety knowledge to establish an injury-free work place now and in the future;
- Implementing new technology to improve manufacturing processes and capital asset performance;
- Demonstrating knowledge of best practices and new approaches to design and construction within MSD and across the industry;
- Understanding procurement practices and participating in contractor select ion;
- Managing contracts to insure compliance from selection through closure;
- Leading small cross-functional teams to meet project milestones and demonstrating leadership necessary to build and maintain a high performing group of technical professionals.
The candidate is flexible in terms of assignment location (in the Netherlands) and is expected to develop and maintain technical knowledge in the relevant areas.
The duration of the project is minimum ~2 years.
A global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, they are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Their ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, they strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of the global team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is organized in a Technology organization (responsible for the design of projects) and a Delivery organization (responsible for the realization of projects). The GES EU Delivery organization supports the delivery of projects to all MSD sites on the continent of Europe Human Health as well as Animal Health. With a mixture of experienced project managers, project engineers, cost controllers, schedulers and estimators in co-operation with external partners, interesting projects in a wide range will be managed together with our Technology colleagues through Frond-end loading till Commissioning, Qualification till handover.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to our client.
Our professionals are the key to our clients’ success. We demonstrate our commitment to our professionals by offering:
- Salary between € 4,000 - € 7,500 gross per month depending on experience
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, travel allowance/lease car)
- Personal guidance from your consultant customized to your preference
- Provide development opportunities and career advice
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- A community/network of with other YER professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and masterclasses with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or applicable technical degree (PE, MS, MBA, Ph.D. or other advanced degree is desirable);
- At least 10-15 years of experience in an engineering and/ or manufacturing field;
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/ biotech environment is highly preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve problems;
- Demonstrated proactive approach to solving issues;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and computing skills;
- Ability and willingness to search out for and implement/ realize own business improvements;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Exhibiting sound leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Dutch is preferred.