In dienst van YER
Over deze vacature
The Digital Hardware Engineer is part of a global organization, works in the Research and Development department and is in charge of designing complex, high quality and highly reliable high-end broadcast products.
The Digital Hardware Engineer will be working on complex designs including, but not limited to, high speed transmission (up to 25Gbps), FPGA’s, wide memory banks (96 bits and 128 bits), power supplies (low voltage, low voltage drop, high current), (high speed) interconnections and diagnostics. Since our designs are not 100% digital, affinity with analogue electronics (audio and video) is very welcome.
The primary duties/responsibilities of the Digital Hardware Engineer are:
- Working in a multidisciplinary team, consisting of at least firmware engineers, layout engineers and mechanical engineers. This team can either reside on one location, but it can also be a multi-site (global) team;
- Performing PCBA (re)designs by writing specifications, selecting and requesting the proper components, schematic entry, simulations/calculations of critical parts of the PCBA design (like for instance Signal Integrity, Power Integrity etc., but also functional), supporting various other engineers, debugging and releasing prototypes.
The secondary duties/responsibilities of the Digital Hardware Engineer are:
- Interfacing with our manufacturing department and PCBA assembly site(s);
- Act as the knowledge carrier and contact point for fellow engineers;
- Continuously maintaining the expertise in the field of electronics, assembly processes, tooling etc.
Grass Valley is a global leader in hardware and software solutions that make television happen. We’re focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. We provide the innovative tools – cameras, instant replay, signal management and more – to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses.
Grass Valley is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
The R&D department in Breda is responsible for delivering designs for audio, video, control and network to the camera product development. Innovation lies at the heart of its activities with the goal of improving product competitiveness and overall R&D effectiveness. In a cross-functional project team, the candidate will design, simulate and test camera designs preferably re-usable & portable. The candidate will work with best of breed development tools.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Grass Valley. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Bachelor/Master degree in electronic engineering
- At least 4 years of experience with high-end digital products;
- Knowledge of at least the Mentor Graphics Design Capture, Expedition and IO Designer tools (version 7.9.5);
- Knowledge of Cadence DE HDL and Allegro environment is an asset;
- Knowledge of high speed, high voltage and analog is an asset;
- Knowledge of PCBA assembly and testing processes is an asset;
- Quality-oriented and meticulous;
o FMEA, peer reviews, simulations, (tolerance) calculations.
- Independent, proactive and eager to learn;
- Capable of working under pressure;
- Good team spirit;
- Communicative, flexible, focused on working together.