Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Research & Development
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For over a decade, TNO has been supporting the leading manufacturers of semiconductor equipment around the world with their knowledge of contamination control. Contamination control consists of the prevention, analysis and mitigation of contaminants or potential defects at nanoscale. Their work focuses on molecular contaminants, submicron particles and its impact in complex systems. Experimental work is performed in the Van Leeuwenhoek Laboratory, which houses a wide range of facilities: in-house built ultraclean vacuum equipment, EUV exposure facilities, XPS surface analysis, SEM, equipment for nanoparticle detection and much more. One of their main goals is to support partners worldwide and enable the introduction of EUV lithography for high-volume manufacturing. The recently realised EUV Beam Line 2 (EBL2) forms one of the key systems for their research.
As an experimentalist you will work in a multidisciplinary and competitive environment where you will perform experiments with unique, state-of-the-art and customized vacuum systems. Based on your experiments TNO investigates and analyses the environmental (gasses and harsh radiation) effects on new developed coatings and materials. TNO works closely together with companies in the semiconductor industry such as ASML and Carl Zeiss. In their projects, you will be one of their experimentalists, and work closely together with colleague experimentalists, surface analysts and scientist.
The Semiconductor Industry is a fast-moving market, which requires constant communication, flexibility and adaptability. This is reflected in their teams: fast-changing project goals demand a high degree of flexibility from team members. Good team-working skills and the ability to operate well during demanding discussions are thus vital for achieving project goals. To be able to fulfil the role of experimentalist and operator it's important that you recognize yourself in this profile.
TNO is the national organization for applied scientific research with 2,900 employees. Its mission is to apply scientific knowledge with the aim of strengthening the innovative power of industry and government.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO;
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- A BSc, preferably experimental physics, surface-, plasma- or material physics;
- Experienced with working in clean rooms;
- Experience and/or affinity in working with vacuum systems and/or plasma systems;
- You are accurately;
- You are flexible and resilient;
- You are willing to work outside office hours and in weekends;
- You have good interpersonal skills, which you can apply when interacting with clients.