€ 60,000 - € 70,000
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Imagine a naval ship that independently adjusts its sailing route if there are hostile ships nearby. Or a large building that learns how to use energy more efficiently. Without even involving a person. Believe us, in a few years this will be the most normal thing in the world. Also thanks to you! As a software engineer you develop and connect intelligent and autonomous systems for various social applications.
Your focus is on software development. You develop state-of-the-art software prototypes in close collaboration with our scientists. In such a project team you are the driving force behind software development, from idea to testing, documentation and deployment. Because such a software prototype is the result of groundbreaking research, its development is often not a clear-cut process but an iterative journey of discovery. Hereby you listen carefully to the requirements, wishes and feedback of all involved: being colleagues, customers and partners.
You work on multiple projects at the same time, using techniques in areas such as artificial intelligence (artificial intelligence; AI), robotics, mathematics, the internet of things and systems engineering. You also play a role in professionalizing our department. You take your colleagues into the world of software development, inspire them and act as a source of information. In this way you bring the intelligent systems of the future one step closer.
As an independent research organization, TNO bridges the gap between the university world and companies. We translate research results into clear applications and solutions. This way we solve the problems of the day after tomorrow. With us you have the time to think longer and quieter about situations. And is a project completed? Then we resume our journey of discovery into tools, gadgets and advice that Dutch companies and organizations will benefit from in the future. With some 3,000 employees, we work for various clients within nine different domains: governments, SMEs, social organizations, large companies and service providers.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
• A masters degree in (technical) computer science, electrical engineering, robotics, applied mathematics or artificial intelligence. Or a related course at a technical university
• Minimum three years of experience in designing and developing software systems
• Experience with MATLAB, C ++, Java and Python and the application of these programming languages in AI algorithms and systems
• A structured working method: you set up the framework for others, keep your documentation in order and ensure that your codes can also be properly understood by third parties. This way our software is maintainable and expandable
• Good communication skills, both orally and in writing, in English and preferably also in Dutch
• Affinity with the domain of defense and security