Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer with an expertise in the field of heavy-duty base engines and would you like to use your knowledge to help one of the largest truck manufacturers in Europe grow further? Then this may be the ideal job for you!
In your position as Mechanical Expert you are responsible for development and industrialization of a future project product, as well as running business activities.
You have a variety of responsibilities:
- Develop new or adapt existing constructions in cooperation with the project design group, internal stakeholders and external suppliers;
- Leading Simultaneous Engineering (SE) teams;
- Translate project goals into product requirements, and develop the design in cooperation with suppliers;
- Leading all required DFSS deliverables within the project;
- Problem resolution development acc. DMAIC principle;
- Participate and pro-active support to the project core-team, assure alignment and technical decisions in relation to project goals;
- Pro-actively coordinate and monitor planning and releases in line with project milestones;
- Report status and progress, of multiple KPI’s, towards management.
As Mechanical Expert you report to the Supervisor of the Base Engine group.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc., the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Within the PACCAR Inc., DAF Engine & Engine After-treatment System (EAS) development is the centre of competence for development. In their state-of-art testing centre, they develop engine and EAS configurations for the future regulations. Their trucks are best in class products in the transportation world being always driven by providing environmentally friendly products with best cost-effectiveness and highest reliability for their customers.
The department Engine & EAS Hardware & Design is responsible for the development of new hardware engine and EAS concepts and maintaining the in-production products. The department is split in 5 groups; CAE, Injection & Turbo, Base engine, Engine Auxiliaries and EAS. For the Base engine group they have an open position for a mechanical expert.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Master degree in Mechanical or Engine Engineering;
- 5 years of experience in a product development environment;
- Proactive mind-set and ability to work independently;
- Strong verbal, written and presenting communication skills (English mandatory, willingness to learn Dutch);
- Ability to handle multiple projects thanks to strong organization skills, problem solving mind and result driven personality;
- Knowledge of engine components and systems is a pre;
- Capable of fast in depth expertise knowledge built-up;
- Design for Six Sigma and Problem Solving skills.