IT, Engineering, Energie
Detachering via YER
High Tech, Manufacturing
Over deze vacature
The electromagnetic spectrum plays a major role in all civilian and military communications, controlling wireless systems and gathering information. Even secure networks can be accessed and read wirelessly via this electromagnetic spectrum. In this way, essential information can be collected or enemy systems can be attacked via wireless connections. Do you want to play a role in tomorrow's (contra) electronic warfare innovations?
You will conduct research into analytical methods to fathom wireless (civilian and military) communication protocols, to intercept information and to locate channels. In addition, you will also analyse how such systems can be frustrated or misled by, for example, recognizing and exploiting the weaknesses in the protocol.
You do that by making smart use of modern methods and techniques in the field of signal and protocol analysis, machine learning, digital signal processing, simulation, system implementation (Software Defined Radio), and software tooling.
In TNO, we offer wonderful challenges within our Defence, Safety & Security domain, and we are expanding! Does helping create physical and digital security both in the Netherlands and beyond appeal to you? Do you want to be part of a team that develops knowledge and technology for defence, the police, the fire brigade or industry? With the resulting innovations, you may soon be offering support to the people who work every day to ensure our safety and security.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to TNO;
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- You have a completed academic technical education, such as (Applied) Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
- You have demonstrable work experience in the field of (radio) communication, digital signal processing, system engineering, product development (hardware and/or software);
- Knowledge of and experience with MatLab, Python, C/C ++, Software Defined Radio (SDR) technology, communication protocols and modern electronics (such as FPGA) is a big plus;
- You are proactive, self-directing, creative and pragmatic;
- You can work well together and know how to approach;
- You have good advice and communication skills for transferring results;
- You can write clear and clear reports in a short time and giving presentations is easy for you;
- The work is in many cases international in character and therefore you master English in both word and writing;
- We expect you to be willing (if necessary) to work on projects for short periods abroad;
- Of course you are reliable and you are prepared to undergo a safety investigation. This is because a declaration of no objection from the Dutch government is required for this position.