Depending on knowledge and experience
Detachering via YER
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
As a Field Test Engineer at DAF Trucks you are the interface between DAF's customers and the engineering departments and you make sure that field tests are coordinated and being executed. Besides that you make sure that the proto-trucks remain up and running and you take action when technical problems occur.
- Prepare and execute customer field tests, based on internal test requests;
- Coordinate test set-up and test execution with DAF internal client;
- Analyse and report all issues found during the tests;
- Use data logger information for problem analysis;
- Documentation and evaluation of testing results;
- Execute vehicle inspections and coordinate vehicle rebuilt and update activities;
- Communication with customers, drivers and dealers involved in the field test;
- Periodical technical 24/7 customer support service by carrying support telephone;
- Develop corporate test standards for Long Run endurance tests and customer field tests;
- Develop new test procedures;
- Active contribution to improvement of efficient testing and testing quality;
- Collaboration in project teams.
DAF Trucks N.V. is a technology company and the premier commercial vehicle manufacturer in Europe. DAF is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PACCAR Inc., the worldwide quality leader in the design and manufacturing of premium light, medium and heavy-duty commercial vehicles. DAF Trucks also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
YER Technology offers you the possibility to become employed as Automotive Professional and to combine challenging assignments with an excellent career with perspective on a fixed contract at YER Technology or our client DAF Trucks. The following conditions are applicable:
- Attractive (fixed) salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- 25 free to spend holidays per year;
- A contract for a definite or indefinite period at a financially robust organization;
- Travel expense reimbursement or leased vehicle;
- Good pension scheme;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Committed to a good balance between work and private life;
- An open culture and clear communication;
- A Service Desk ready to answer all your practical questions.
- Bachelor or master level in Mechanical Engineering (Automotive, TCK, Electronics);
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with vehicle testing;
- Experienced and familiar with measurement technique;
- Good communication skills;
- Experienced in the field of test data analysis and statistics;
- Structured working approach combined with pleasure to work in teams;
- Good English (or German) language skills are mandatory combined with willingness to learn Dutch;
- Having a truck-driving license (license CE) is required for this position.