Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
Do you want to be part of a breakthrough change and make the difference? Do you want to develop, coach and guide a large group of people towards an agile organization? ASML is in the transformation of moving to a Scaled Agile environment. We need engaged Release Train Engineers who will help ASML in this transformation, stay, and strive for continuous structural improvements. Do you want to be part of a high performing team? We invite you to read the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
Within ASML the Release Train Engineer (RTE) is the recognized Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) expert and competence owner, who orchestrates the agile teams through the ceremonies in an Agile Release Train. The RTE together with the Chief Product Owner ensures great performance of the train and provides full transparency on what is going on in the ART. The RTE has regular communication to teams & stakeholders and ensure stakeholders are being managed and teams stay engaged.
As Release Train Engineer (RTE), you are responsible to ensure that the Agile Release Train (ART) is setup in the most optimal way for fast and high quality delivery. You guide the people in the train to ensure that the ART is improving itself and will become excellent. Together with the scrum masters you ensure SAFe competence development. You ensure that the ART stays on track with their deliverables (e.g. manage escalations / changing priorities). You measure and report on the performance and identifies improvements for the ART itself. In the end, the RTE is responsible for Delivery Excellence within the ART.
As Release Train Engineer you are responsible for:
- Creating transparency and alignment on ART status by setting up, coordinate and facilitating ART ceremonies;
- Optimizing flow by tracking, reporting, measuring ART performance and installing continuous integration/delivery;
- Ensuring fast delivery of the ART by removing ART impediments and managing ART dependencies;
- Ensuring optimal guidance and excellence for the teams by coaching and developing the Scrum Masters and align the way of working across teams;
- Ensure delivery excellence by keeping the ART stable and shielding it from external interferences;
- Provide analyses of current (work)processes, evaluate bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in processes and procedures;
- Minimize blockers for ART progress by managing the risks.
Context of the position
The DUV D&E (Development and Engineering) Optical Column (OC) department is responsible for the optical column, from photon generation towards a good quality aerial image which can be printed in photoresist, and is concerned with the design, development, testing, integration and qualification of the optical column performance in the TWINSCAN system. The department functionality consists of the source/laser, beam delivery, dose control, Illumination, reticule masking, projection and conditioning of the liquid and gaseous bodies in the optical path. The department is in a transition from the project way of working to the SAFe way of working. To support this transition we need a qualified and enthusiastic Release Train Engineer.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model);
- Challenging assignments;
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office;
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- Professional experience in SAFe; (SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification is a pre);
- Extensive knowledge sharing on Agile, lean and SAFe;
- Experience with design and implementation of complex change and improvement projects within an international and complex environment;
- Large group facilitation and overseeing the bigger picture;
- Proactive problem solving;
- Courageous to deliver the truth, even if it’s not what people want to hear;
- Situational leadership, feels ownership/responsible and deals fairly with everyone;
- Planning & organizing skills;
- Change leadership, continuous improvement and process management;
- Domain / business knowledge preferable;
- 5-10 years’ experience as RTE or Scrum Master in Agile environment.
- Excellent communicator, being able to influence, and creative in managing a large and diverse range of stakeholders at all organizational levels to effect sustainable change;
- Focus on collaboration on across dependencies and results;
- Coaching on agile practices and behaviour for everybody on the ART with a high focus on developing other people to help people & teams grow;
- Acts as a servant leader and escalation level for the SMs and protect the teams;
- Maintains personal effectiveness and people focus under pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty;
- Be open, transparent, courageous and express trust;
- Being disruptive where needed and say “NO” when required, breaking ineffective patterns. To ensure focus is kept and keep the teams from getting distracted;
- Creating commitment within the organization;
- Awareness on content/technical level to keep the train on track;
- Drive program level continuous improvement. Encourage train level thinking and prevent sub-optimization. Challenge the trains in view of the Agile KPIs towards greater efficiency.