Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
For a big semiconductor company in Nijmegen, YER is recruiting a Principal Product Engineer.
One of the mega trends is the evolution towards self-driving cars. The company’s automotive business unit offers sensor and processing technology that drives all aspects of the secure connected cars of today and the autonomous cars of tomorrow. Product Line In-Vehicle Networking is enabling this by bringing high-speed, CAN, LIN, Flex ray and Ethernet-based data communication into the cars and single products or as System Based Solutions (SBC’s).
In this exciting role, you would be responsible for:
- Defining and driving the strategy for validation and characterization of new ICs as well as for ensuring the Industrial Producibility to gain high and stable yields in high volume mass production
- Leading sub-project teams (TPE) and manage /drive external parties (subcontractors, SLA’s etc.). Plan and track own planning and align with the overall project planning
- Cooperating within multidisciplinary teams
- You have the technical depth & communication skills to lead discussions with technical experts and leaders from other disciplines (IC architects, quality, process, package, etc.) to influence the project direction and decisions while making right balance between TPE/Industrial requirements and project goals
- Flagging problems in a project, within and outside their expertise. Has skills to effectively bring about the necessary change in the project. Makes process interventions in teams, e.g. on communication (skilled in human dynamics) – clear leader
- Driving the vision and mission on product quality, by adopting best known zero defect (ZD) screening measures and by developing new screening measures required for these advanced products. For this later part close cooperation with customer complaint handling is needed
- Steering the business creation process with an industrial view, to deliver a high quality manufactural product and test solution for meeting or exceeding the required time to market and product cost, as well as business fulfilment
- Analysing complex and undefined problems and create non-existing solutions. Taking initiatives outside own department
- Traveling ~10% of your time to our offshore sites is part of your assignment
- You are a clear competence leader with an in- and external orientation. You apply your skills to keep competencies of others up-to-date. You train larger parts of the organization and are able to adapt the message to all disciplines
Big semiconductor company.
- You will be employed by YER and seconded to the company;
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension);
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach;
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance);
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven;
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals;
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies.
- MSc in Electrical Engineering, preferably with the a few years of work experience in IC Development, Test & Product Engineering, IC Manufacturing Engineering and/or Semiconductor Quality Engineering
- We are looking for a Product Engineer with experience in new product creation and not for a product engineer in sustaining (production / improve what already exists)
- Project management skills
- Looking for someone who is skilled in working with automation of tooling like Excel and Word (macro's) and/or Python
- Good communication and reporting skills also in English
- 5-12 years’ experience in semiconductor industry
- Convincing influencer, able to operate independently
- Balances strategic vision with strong execution, can get things done
- Willing to travel to the company's locations worldwide