Detachering via YER
Over deze vacature
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer/Consultant. The team that we want to strengthen is the Process Automation Squad at NXP.
The Process Automation Squad team is responsible for developing and maintaining automation products and solutions for other IT squads and end-users, like:
- SLAM: In-house developed ServiceNow/Ansible-based solution to centrally manage license servers for the design environment. Testing and deployment of the solution is fully automated in a GitLab CI/CD pipeline.
- DevOps Platform: Solution to support other teams and squads in the “DevOps journey”, based on Ansible and GitLab. NXP does this by providing a standardized Ansible-platform as a service for all automation initiatives, with code version control and CI/CD integration to do automated deployments and guarantee code quality.
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
The department R&D IT provides IT Services enabling R&D engineers to do their engineering work. The design environment is an integrated solution and service of Design Infrastructure, EDA application landscape, Design Data Management and Product Creation Applications. The Global R&D IT services are delivered from small number locations, containing Data Centers (full set of services) and Satellites Centers (limited set of services). The objective of R&D IT is to ensure Business Success and Market Leadership for NXP by providing Best-in-Class R&D IT Services and R&D IT Solutions.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to NXP. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
Working at NXP in;
- An energetic team, which is and wants to remain a front-runner in IT Process Automation initiatives
- A team that is a big ambassador for Scrum and DevOps way of working within the NXP organization
- Collaborate and brainstorm with other teams on other cool initiatives like data analytics, cloud computing and auto-scaling
- In consultation with the team flexibility in working hours and location
- Continuous development of yourself as an individual with coaching, experiments and room for failure
- An inspiring work environment on the High-Tech Campus in Eindhoven
- Challenge: Share your coding projects and your personality type (https://www.16personalities.com) with us.
The DevOps Engineer/Consultant contains the following characteristics:
- You are a technical, creative, analytical and open-minded hacker that is eager to learn and not afraid to take initiative
- Your favorite t-shirt has “Linux” or “Open Source” printed on it at least once
- You have great solution design skills which you use to explain planned and already developed solutions to a variety of stakeholders (business users, management and IT colleagues)
- DevOps mindset: You are a team-player that is eager to develop and maintain cool products to automate/optimize processes in a complex IT infrastructure
- T-shaped skillset: You are specialized in one or more fields, but also are cross-skilled with broad experience and knowledge to collaborate across disciplines with experts in other areas than your own
- You have great English communication skills, both verbally as in writing.
Other competences we value, but are not strictly mandatory:
- Experience with agile development methods, like Scrum, and are convinced of its power to deliver products with immense (business) value
- “Security” is your middle name, and you are always challenging yourself and your colleagues to design and develop new solutions as security tight as possible
- Being a master in automation and orchestration with tools like Ansible Tower (or comparable), and feel comfortable with developing new modules in Python
- It would be awesome if you are already a true Yoda when it comes to code version control and branching strategies with Git, and preferably have worked with GitLab before
- Experience with automated testing in a CI/CD pipeline with Ansible, Python and tools like Selenium
- Experienced in setting-up and administering Jira environments for issue tracking and collaboration
- An enthusiast on cloud platforms like AWS
- An enthusiast on container solutions like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with ServiceNow development
- Experience with dashboarding and monitoring solutions like Splunk, Grafana and Prometheus.