Detachering via YER, Interim / ZZP
Over deze vacature
Challenging assignment at one of the most high-tech companies in the world.
As a Senior Solution Architect Smart Buildings, you play a critical role in designing the roadmap and providing technical expertise in the design, development, implementation and support of ASML’s smart campus extensions.
As Senior Solution Architect Smart Buildings you take lead responsibility in designing the backbone architecture for ASML’s new smart buildings on its Veldhoven campus and in creation of architecture designs for the building automation solutions, in line with the architecture roadmap.
The smart buildings project entails the development and implementation of smart building solutions to increase work productivity and efficiency. Scenarios include meeting room booking, daily work planning via workplace usage via sensors and other smart technologies.
The project needs an architect who has experience with smart building projects, where the person is able to define architecture guidelines and support a project team with architectural decisions.
She/he has experience in setting up Project Start Architectures, Archimate methodology especially related to end-to end smart building solutions. She/he oversees target architecture with possible on- and off-premise solutions and guides project from overall architecture to detailed development/implementation decisions. She/he is known with market and solution providers and is able to advise based on sensible arguments and brings in practical project experience and is able to communicate clearly on content and to work in a highly dynamic organization.
- You are part of the virtual architecture team (Enterprise Architect & Domain Architects) and TCT specifically, to determine architectural impact in the smart buildings and building automation domain
- Lead the applications architecture of the applications in scope
- Understand the applications in scope of the role
- Create and communicate technical designs safeguarding the project management methodology
- Understand, advocate and augment the principles of business and IT — and more specifically enterprise architecture (EA) — strategies
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy) to derive technical architecture
- Analyze the as-is architecture landscape to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement
- Analyze technology, industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on ASML
- Advocate the enterprise architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results
- Define the principles that guide technology decisions for the enterprise
- Design and lead the implementation of applications based on the guidance of the target architecture and the subsequent Project Start Architectures
- Identify and rectify gaps and pain points within the current state
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring architecture compliance
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture (for example, systems) implementation and modification activities (for example, projects), particularly for new and/or shared infrastructure solutions
- Oversee and facilitate the evaluation and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations
- Consult on application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to the technical architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the technical architecture to accommodate project needs
- Document necessary technical architecture design and analysis work, possibly including project postmortem documentation and metric collection
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to ASML. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
- Master’s degree in field of Industrial Engineering, Technical Business Administration, Information Technology.
- Preferably TOGAF certification.
- Preferably ArchiMate certification.
- Track record in aligning business and IT strategy into target architecture and project roadmap
- Extensive knowledge and experience in smart buildings projects and in building automation
- 10+ years of experience in IT integration projects and/or software development projects in complex high-tech business environment
- Experience in configuration and implementation of technical solutions including business process (re)design, testing, and production support
- Acts decisively and leads projects to results. Is pro-active and takes initiative also beyond own area of responsibility
- Takes responsibility and demonstrates ownership. Understands and consistently questions the status quo and analyzes existing processes for improvement based on knowledge and experience
- Thinks broadly and can see the big picture. Thinks beyond own organization; takes on a holistic perspective on issues and considers user community in doing so
- Ability to formulate clear expectations and delegate tasks in a systematic way according to individual capacity, capabilities and potential
- Communicates clearly, concisely and directly. Listens actively, shows empathy in dealing with others and strives to achieve a shared understanding of own and others' tasks, issues and goals. Strong stakeholder focus and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Verbal and non-verbal communication transmitting a sense of urgency, to be in control
- Supports and advises middle and senior management to effect sustainable change in complex scenarios in large organizations
- Ability to apply process thinking, process design and process improvement methodologies
- Open minded, creative when handling problems independently, committed and flexible. Practical and being able to think out of the box
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in the English language
Context of the position
The Senior Solution Architect reports to the Solution Team Manager Planning, Sourcing & Facility Management of the IT Competence Center Sales & Operations. The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.