Max. € 80,000
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
End-to-end responsibility for thermal management and thermal dynamics in high-performance mechatronic systems.
You will be responsible for the thermal management in Mechatronic development projects. Your activities range from thermal design studies with Matlab in the concept phase to the optimization of the desired performance by thermal, thermo-mechanical and CFD modelling in Ansys (FEM) in the detailed engineering phase. Additionally experimental validation of the predicted thermal/flow behaviour in our customers’ systems is a crucial aspect of your contribution. Multidisciplinary cooperation within project teams is vital for success.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
Philips Innovation Services has a wide range of disciplines and know-how to serve our customers in bringing their innovations to market. The Mechatronics department, with approximately 150 employees, is unique in its system design approach, which has led to many practical solutions for our customers. We are active in equipment as well as sub-system design, prototyping and testing. Next to that, a lot of our mechatronics solutions are applied in consumer products and healthcare systems. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams of highly skilled technical experts from both Philips Innovation Services and its customers.
The Mechatronics Technology group within the Mechatronics department is a group of over 30 specialists in the field of Control, Dynamics, Acoustics, Smart Sensing, Tribology and Thermal management. Each day brings new challenges as we work in many different projects for a variety of customers, from small and medium enterprises to complex industries like semiconductors and solar power.
- An inspiring work environment that is internationally and multidisciplinary oriented, with a variety of customers and projects;
- A project-based environment where people have both advanced theoretical knowledge and the capability to put that knowledge into practice - fast;
- Training and guidance to become an independent thermal & flow technologist;
- Stimulating challenges across a wide range of application domains;
- Job satisfaction and the chance to broaden your experience.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to Philips. Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience;
- Chance to become a direct Philips employee after secondment period;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching;
- Healthy work-life balance;
- To work in a dynamic and driven team in which you can grow and gain experience in a multinational environment;
- Working for a world player can help you to further your career.
We are looking for
- MSc or PhD in Mechanical Engineering/Applied Physics (preferably thermal or flow specialization) is a must;
- 3-5 years of work experience is a must;
- Knowledge of FEM (e.g. Ansys/Comsol) is a must;
- Solid experience with experimental validation of thermal models;
- Customer centric attitude interested in executing R&D projects for customers;
- Solid analytical attitude;
- Knowledge of modelling in Matlab/Simulink is desired;
- Knowledge of modelling in Macroflow is desired;
- Understanding of mechatronic systems, control theory and actuation principles is preferred;
- Ability to translate technological considerations into concrete recommendations for designers;
- Excellent communicative skills, professional level of written and verbal communication in English;
- Motivated to operate in multi-disciplinary teams, working on complex mechatronic research and development challenges;
- Willingness to travel globally and regularly.