Detachering via YER
Consultancy & HR, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For Philips, we are looking for an expert Software Development Engineer, who has had prior experience with video signal processing and mobile devices.
The application domain is video processing, including control of processing, and conversion/transfer of video signals for television and mobile receivers. The task is to implement a video processing algorithm on a mobile device for demonstration purposes. Implementations of the algorithm are present, but need to be ported to a mobile device. Initially this needs to be on an Android platform, if time permits also on iOS. First the mobile device needs to be able to do local playback of locally stored video files, later it also needs to be able to receive and playback such video from e.g. streaming media.
It is envisaged that the algorithm is embedded in the software stack and that high-speed video processing is done on the mobile device’s GPU. The task at hand covers the correct implementation of the algorithm including video stream reception and decoding, and de multiplexing capabilities. Deep knowledge and experience with GPU processing on the mobile phone is not required, but appreciated.
- Porting an existing video processing algorithm on a mobile platform and making a demonstrator. (Note: knowledge on the operation of this algorithm is available in the project);
- In-depth knowledge on mobile platforms for implementing video processing applications, e.g. knowing how (and where) to embed these type processing demanding application in/onto an Android and iOS mobile platform;
- Experience with actually implementing video decoding and streaming media on mobile platforms, preferably also with de multiplexing such streams (to filter specific data);
- Setting-up a development environment;
- Preferably experience with GPU processing on mobile platforms;
- Some experience with video processing algorithms;
- Making a demonstrator according to customer wishes;
- Document the implementation and the development environment for future use;
- Personal skills: Interaction with the commercial team to define and develop the demonstrator;
- Problem solving skills: Solve performance/quality issues spot together with the other team members.
At Philips, they believe innovation shapes our lives. That’s why they have been investing continually in new technologies for over 100 years. This has allowed them to create a substantial portfolio of intellectual property (IP). A portfolio that you can also benefit from by licensing it from them.
With a growing presence in cardiology, oncology, and women's health, Philips operates in the areas of Imaging Systems, Patient Care & Clinical Informatics, Home Healthcare and Customer Services. Philips combines its clinical expertise and human insights to create innovative solutions across the continuum of care, in partnership with clinicians and our customers, to provide better value and expand access to care for millions. Our teams are working hard every day to improve patient outcomes all the way from disease prevention and screening to diagnosis, treatment, therapy monitoring, and disease management. Irrespective of whether the care cycle takes the patient from doctor's office to hospital or hospital to home, or simply from one medical department to another, Philips Healthcare's unique medical solutions are designed to optimize the quality and flow of patient information and clinical decision making.
- University degree in a technical orientation, likely software engineering;
- Experience with implementing high performance algorithms on mobile platforms (Android, iOS);
- Knows his/her way with scripting, C/C++/Python (current implementation of algorithms);
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the field;
- Located in Eindhoven/Netherlands.