In dienst van opdrachtgever
Manufacturing, Transportation & Logistics
Over deze vacature
Margin are decreasing for a certain product range for the third month in a row and after investigation you find out that raw material and currency fluctuations are drivers. The usual response from account managers is they will adjust the pricing according to the customer agreement and is handled accordingly. But then you realize the currency fluctuation is not on the radar. Why this was never raised before? Is this a new dynamic because they changed sourcing? Something you would like to better understand over the coming weeks and you setup some calls with sales regions and finance. Today you planned to finally present your improved dashboard to management on performance to budget by account. But just before you enter the meeting you get a call from a general manager who raises concerns on cost that affect his margin and asks you to come back to him with a detailed explanation. After lunch you get dragged into a discussion on from deal support if you can help them with some client relevant info on NPS, OTIF and rebate constructions. Finance sends an email and confirms a currency trend that needs to be addressed quickly, we’re losing money here!
In this role you will work with area managers, directors and executive leadership team and commercial excellence specialists. You will be the first point of contact for pricing initiatives. Typical activities (but not restricted to) are: supported pricing tools, support performance management processes, various weekly updates, assist marketing communications and ad hoc requests from commercial teams.
Are you looking for a hands-on experience in an entrepreneurial and international setting that gives you opportunities to connect to the wider commercial decision making of local sales managers? This job is exactly what you need.
The Business Excellence team is part of Greif's talent pool, where outperformers are recognized and have the opportunity to progress into cross functional or commercial leadership positions.
Greif is a world leader in industrial packaging products and services with approximately $3.5 billion in annual revenues and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange. Its principal activities are in Europe, North America, Latin America and Asia Pacific, supported by around 12,000 employees in more than 200 locations in over 50 countries worldwide. Greif operates in four business groups: Rigid Industrial Packaging & Services, Flexible Products & Services, Paper Packaging and Land Management.
Greif Flexible Products and Services Division
Greif Flexibles Products and Services is a business segment of Greif Inc. that was created in 2010 after the acquisition of four major players in the market. We’re market leader and have ambitious profit targets and seek to unlock shareholder value through operational, supply chain and commercial excellence activities. The global headquarter is a team of 12 motivated managers and analysts. Greif FPS employs around 5,000 employees in 19 countries, divided over 13 factories and 7 sales regions. We have an informal, collegial and entrepreneurial culture. For more information on who we are and what we do, please check our website Greif.com.
Business Excellence team located in the global division headquarter in Leiden is looking for:
You are fitting the profile if you:
- A salary range from €2650,43 to €3223,50 based on age and experience;
- 13th month, paid in December;
- 8% holiday allowance for great holiday plans;
- 40 days off, so you can spent enough time with your family and friends;
- A compensation for the gym to help you to stay energized;
- Commuting cost compensation;
- Extra discount through our collective health insurance;
- Extended WGA-gat insurance for better protection by loss of income in case of occupational disability;
- Good pension scheme;
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home;
- Workplace in the office 5 minutes on foot from train station;
- Free parking;
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks;
- Young and friendly team.
- Training in line with
- Hold Master degree – preferably in Business Administration, Economics, or Engineering – with excellent academic track record
- Independent and creative
- Have strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-motivated personality with resilience, desire to win and have serious impact
- Operationally disciplined, customer service oriented and able to make effective decisions
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- 1-3 years in the field
· Fluent in English and preferably one other language e.g. German, Chinese, Spanish, French
· Depending on the need, you’re OK to travel to sales offices in Europe. Asia and US between 2 to 6 times a year