Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER
Transportation & Logistics
Over deze vacature
This function is within R & D department of Supply Center Eindhoven. Together with a team of highly qualified engineers, you will develop new materials and technologies for X-Ray tubes used in analytic equipment.
You will be responsible for selecting and developing materials and joining technologies for use in high-vacuum electron devices with the goal to achieve high output and source brightness within smaller dimensions. You will select promising new materials and processes, define and execute a testing program, ensure adoption in product design and facilitate smooth transfer of the technology into production. Your expertise will be called upon for improving performance, stability and reliability of the existing products. In this capacity you will consult process engineering team who will define and execute improvements in design and manufacturing process of the X-Ray tubes
Malvern Panalytical is a leading provider of scientific instrumentation for the measurement of elemental concentrations, crystallographic structure, molecular structure, remote sensing, rheology, particle size, particle shape, particle concentration and more.
Vacuum material technology is a core expertise of the X-Ray tube development team. Currently, this area of competence is insufficiently covered resulting in slow innovation pace, mistakes during product development process and inability to respond swiftly to arising material-related quality issues. A vacancy arising from the departure of a product development engineer will be used to strengthen this competence.
Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities. You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- University degree in Material Science, Metallurgy or Chemical Technology
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in high-tech product development environment
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute material-related innovation program
- Experience with vacuum technology, materials and processes
- Knowledge of vacuum electron emitting materials is highly desired
- Experience working with metals, ceramics, brazing and welding joints would be valuable
- Good understanding of statistical methods, product and process development practices
- Strong analytical competences, demonstrable problem-solving skills
- Excellent experimental skills
- Independent, result-oriented, flexible, strong team player
- Strong communication skills.