depending on knowledge and experience.
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Manufacturing, High Tech
Over deze vacature
For the Driveline group, we are looking for an ambitious Engineer who will focus on the transmissions and in particular on automated and hybrid gearboxes. The work focuses on new projects for the future, but also on improvements in the existing series, in which there is always a close cooperation with the supplier.
• Translation of customer requirements to specifications of the gearbox and the desired functionality in the software
• Drawing up plans and consultations with the various departments (from definition to production) where you are responsible for monitoring the entire process and ensuring the quality
• Analyzing behavior of hardware and software in the vehicle in collaboration with testing
• Releasing the components for testing and production
• In the event of problems in the field or in production, you are responsible for analyzing the problem, providing solutions, and organizing and planning the risk reduction
• In your daily activities the application of Design For Six Sigma techniques is always an important guideline
As a Driveline Engineer you report to the Engineering Supervisor Driveline
DAF Trucks N.V. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the North-American corporation PACCAR Inc. DAF Trucks’ core activities are focused on the development, production, marketing and sale of medium and heavy duty commercial vehicles.
The Vehicle systems group is responsible for the application and development of electric vehicle systems that are part of the total electrical system of the vehicle.
Within the Chassis department, part of Product Development, the Driveline group is responsible for the development and application of Transmission and Axle components. The axles are developed by DAF in Eindhoven and produced in the Assen factory in Westerlo (Belgium).
In the transmission branch, work is being done in close cooperation with suppliers on the installation and integration of gearboxes in the vehicle. For the realization of optimal vehicle characteristics, increasing attention is being paid to the tuning of the automated / hybrid gearbox with other vehicle systems. We are looking for the ideal cooperation between gearboxes, engine, E-motor, couplings, retarders and power take-offs in the vehicle.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to DAF. We offer:
- Good employee benefits (e.g. work-life balance, pension, lease car, bonus model)
- Challenging assignments
- Excellent guidance from your consultant and YER's back office
- Development opportunities, including the YER Talent Development Programme with a personal coach
- Intensive support for international candidates (including Dutch lessons, tax-return and accommodation assistance)
- Cooperative and results and relationship-driven
- Friendly atmosphere and open culture
- Community/network with other technology professionals from a variety of multinationals
- Events and master classes with interesting speakers and attractive companies
• You have completed a technical degree at HBO or TU level
• Knowledge of the automotive sector, and in particular in the mechatronic area, is desirable
• You have ambitions to grow within the DAF organization
• In addition to good command of the Dutch language, you also control the English and / or German language
• You are persistent, driven and a team player with strong affinity with the transport world
• Knowledge of Unigraphics is a plus