€ 60,000 - € 70,000
Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
Within MSD many calculations are performed to support manufacturing and R&D processes. To support these processes R&D IT selects, develops and maintains applications for processing scientific data. All these systems are validated to ensure compliance with regulations, guidelines and policies. The Business Analyst will be working between IT and the business departments. He/she is expected to acquire a comprehensive knowledge of MSD’s scientific data processing systems, to provide new (calculation) solutions based on customer requirements and to assist in the implementation of these solutions. The Business Analyst will work part of the time within the business department to build the required knowledge of the business processes and the relevant laboratory analyses.
The Business Analyst will be part of a global team and reports into the Research IT Manager. The work location is Boxmeer, Netherlands.
- Define and develop calculations in scientific data processing systems
- Act as a subject matter expert for calculations implemented in these systems
- Work closely with business partners to define improvements and support scientific calculation related questions
- Provide scientific support for the validation of these calculations
- Capture new demand and work with the IT Account Manager to ensure project funding
- Work in project teams (potentially manage a project) to implement calculation solutions
- Collaborate with counterparts from the human health divisions
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has codified its 125-year legacy with ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. MSD’s Animal Health (MAH) division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry’s most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore. YER is preferred supplier. You will be employed by YER and seconded to MSD.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- A competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, training and coaching
- Healthy work-life balance
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, (Bio) Statistics or a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in mathematics analysis
- Ability to work self-motivated and independently
- Good listening and problem analysis skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to present to key business and IT stakeholders
- Effectively communicate complex concepts with vendors, co-workers and management, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in an international environment
- Able to use Microsoft Excel or similar tool to design mathematical solutions to be implemented
- Able to work in a highly regulated environment.
- Good statistical and/or mathematical knowledge
- Experience in a laboratory environment
- Experience in a (bio)pharmaceutical environment
- Knowledge of programming in statistical tools (e.g. R, SAS, EXCEL)
- Experience in a validated environment and understanding of the principles of GLP/GMP
- Good knowledge of the Dutch language