€ 100,000 - € 120,000
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Over deze vacature
Are you an independent senior internal audit professional who is able to travel on a frequent base in Europe (25%) and who likes to build a future internal audit team? Please check this new opportunity!
The Lead Internal Auditor will be responsible for the European Sites of our client, including producing and selling companies (approx. 22) in, amongst other countries, Lithuania, Poland, The Netherlands, Turkey, Germany, Ireland and Denmark, UK, France, Italy, Luxembourg, Czech Republic. He or she will be reporting functionally to the Head of Internal Audit.
- Prepare the yearly Internal Audit Plan for European business entities under the guidance of Head of Internal Audit;
- Follow Group Internal Audit Methodology;
- Review and discuss the Risk Assessment/Internal Control Matrix with the process owners and get it validated from the auditee;
- Assess control environments, identifies internal controls that achieve control objectives, evaluates effectiveness of internal controls and designs appropriate audit programs to test application of effective internal controls after understanding the complete business process and identifying the inherent risk and control within the various business processes;
- Keeping update with the various corporate policy and its implementation at various sites;
- Plan audit testing strategy and estimate the time for completion of the audit;
- Discuss all findings with the Process Owners to ensure factual accuracy of the audit issues;
- Prepare Draft Internal Audit Report and discuss with HIA before releasing the same for management responses;
- Ensure that audit work papers and audit files are maintained as per group IA standards;
- Propose recommendation to address control weakness and process inefficiencies;
- Benchmarking of best business & process practices across European Operating entities;
- Closely interact with the Head of Internal Audit for implementation of best audit practices across European operating sites;
- Review of legal compliance processes for European business entities.
International leader in chemical production.
- Excellent remuneration package;
- 35 holidays (25+10 ADV);
- Lots of independence and responsibility;
- Dynamic output driven company.
The ideal candidates has:
- A master degree and preferable postmaster (CPA, Register Accountant, CIA, ACCA);
- 8-10 years’ experience/proven track record in Internal Auditing, preferably in the manufacturing industry;
- Knowledge of risk based internal audits/ audit methodology;
- In-depth knowledge of internal audit developments and corporate governance;
- Working knowledge of various legislation affecting the production sites;
- Skills to identify key business risks;
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business processes;
- Proficiency in computer applications and hands-on experience with ERP systems (e.g. Oracle/SAP);
- Language skills: fluent in English and knowledge of any other regional European language is added advantage;
- The ability to work in a stand-alone role, self-starter and high on follow up;
- Business acumen to understand commercial contracts/transactions.