Human Resource & Recruitment
Bergen op Zoom
In dienst van opdrachtgever
Food, Feed & Pharma
Over deze vacature
As the Environmental Health And Safety (EHS) Officer you execute the environmental, health, and safety initiatives of the site by exercising practical knowledge to ensure both regulatory and corporate EHS requirements are implemented. You have the belief that the goals set can be achieved and act accordingly. You motivate, inspire and engage others to execute and work towards a common goal, and demonstrate an intense desire to identify new opportunities. You are willing to "dig" into details, are able to think outside your immediate area of responsibility and support the site’s strategy. You are able to lead by example through influence rather than direct management.
- You lead and execute EHS activities to ensure that the site is effectively executing on EHS management procedures and other regulations, audits/inspections and projects;
- You execute environmental reporting to authorities and within Cargill;
- You obtain (or provide data) for legal permit requests related to EHS;
- You make recommendations to improve current EHS programs and policies;
- You lead and execute compliance management related to EHS legislation;
- You act as an EHS expert in projects and support less complex investigations as a member in cross functional teams;
- You contribute to a zero injury culture and are responsible for on the job training for EHS related topics to site personnel;
- You create safety awareness among site personnel and contractors and perform observation rounds.
Cargill is a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 68 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
- Bachelor degree in Science/Engineering/Safety/Environmental Management
- Knowledge of EHS regulations
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of which at least 3 years as an EHS Officer in relevant industry
- Experience working with governmental bodies
- Environmental reporting and permitting (E-MJV/EJV/Afval/Water)
- EHS awareness and continuous improvement programs
- Act as a trainer for EHS related topics
- Strong fact based communicator, able to interact with all site personnel on different levels as well as governmental bodies, contractors and consultants
- Able to keep focus on set priorities as well as reporting out in a structured way
- Proactive, transparent, team player
- Demonstrate communication skills in Dutch and English (verbal, written, presentation)