Detachering via YER
Medical & Health
Over deze vacature
The Innovation site Eindhoven is part of Innovation & Development (I&D) Consumer Lifestyle. It focuses on the development of medically and non-medically endorsed lifestyle products. It is responsible for the development and realization of new product propositions. The Innovation Site Eindhoven is looking at a very challenging growth task to bring faster, more new ideas to the global market.
You will be responsible for the development (coordination, engineering and documentation) of test equipment used to verify innovative products. Within this role you will be linked to our innovation area of hair removal with Intense Pulsed Light, within the Personal Care business. You will be part of the Test and Verification team, consisting of 25 enthusiastic professionals. Responsibilities, you:
- Develop new and optimize existing test equipment (mechanical construction)
- Support function development via defining and realizing models and test set-ups
- Define and create the mechanical construction including 3-D models and 2-D drawings of new products
- Do, or lead, the detail design of Key Components, and you support their realization
- Proof, that the design meets the requirements by means of tolerance analysis, material selection, stress and deformation calculations, simulations etc.
- Manage the Product Documentation (the BOM and the Design History File)
- Do the root-cause analysis of production problems and equipment user complaints
Philips Consumer Lifestyle is one of the three market-driven sectors within Philips Electronics, delivering lifestyle solutions for personal well-being. Our brand promise is Innovation and You, meaning that our products are designed around the consumer, advanced and easy to experience. The sector builds on a deep understanding of people's needs and aspirations to create innovations that help consumers achieve their lifestyle ambitions.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore and to develop yourself and your expertise.
You have a background in Physics/Mechanical/Bio-mechanical engineering at a high qualitative level (Masters). You have a proven track record and experience (3 years) in development and realization of measurement equipment or products in a verification or R&D environment. You are experienced in one or more relevant fields of competency for test equipment, such as mechanics, data acquisition, measurement systems, common manufacturing techniques, tolerance analysis, Measurement System Analysis etc.
- A Masters (preferred) or Bachelor’s degree in physics or mechatronics or mechanical engineering
- Experience with measurement and test equipment
- Experience in mechanical design and product documentation
- Experience in CAD design using CREO
- Experience in FE Analysis using Ansys (definition of boundary conditions and analysis of the results is the minimum)
- Experience in developing test jigs (mechanical constructions)
- Experience with Design for Six Sigma (preferably)
- Experience in the creation of measurement systems (preferably LabVIEW)
- Experience in working in a regulated business (medical, aerospace, automotive, food)
- An abstract, analytical, and creative thinker
- Open minded towards other disciplines and companies in the field of product development
- An excellent communicator and motivator, skilled in managing interpersonal processes
- Able to continuously challenge the status quo, with a strong desire to improve organizational effectiveness structurally
- Always looking for perfection. You don't accept underperformance or poor results. You have a quality mindset
- Fluent in English