Attractive salary and fringe benefits
Detachering via YER, In dienst van opdrachtgever
Transportation & Logistics
Over deze vacature
In this role are primarily responsible for translation of X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) and X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) application requirements into tube specifications. You work with the engineering team developing analytical systems and with external customers.
This function is within R & D department of Supply Centre Eindhoven. Together with a team of highly qualified engineers, you will develop new generations of X-Ray tubes and high-grade components for analytic X-Ray equipment.
Within the development team, you will have a variety of design and validation tasks but your primary responsibility will be thermal and thermo-mechanical design of X-Ray tubes. Based on customer requirements together with the System Architect and other Development Engineers you will propose technical concepts and validate them using Finite Element Modelling and experimental tests.
You will work closely with Mechanical Engineers to make correct implementation of your design in CAD ensuring compliance with design rules. Together with the Test Engineer you define a test plan, review the results and make product design changes as necessary. Finally, working closely with factory Process Engineers you facilitate smooth transfer of the product to production
Malvern Panalytical is a leading provider of scientific instrumentation for the measurement of elemental concentrations, crystallographic structure, molecular structure, remote sensing, rheology, particle size, particle shape, particle concentration and more.
Your career will take off with the ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities. You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
You will be employed by YER and seconded to PANalytical. You shall be working with a team of international colleagues in which you can be sure of a healthy work-life balance. We will also reward your effort and achievements with an attractive salary and fringe benefits. A quick summary of our terms of employment:
- Fixed, competitive fixed salary commensurate with knowledge and experience;
- Overtime will be compensated in payment of wages or time-for-time;
- Continuous challenging projects in the technology sector;
- Intensive and personal guidance;
- Opportunity to participate in a personal coaching programme.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in high-tech product development environment;
- Expert knowledge of Finite Element Modelling method, familiarity with one of the FEM packages: Abaqus (preferred), ANSYS or COMSOL;
- Strong background in physics, specifically in heat transfer and thermo-mechanics;
- Excellent experimental skills;
- Experience working with metals, ceramics, brazing and welding joints would be valuable;
- Comfortable with computer modelling techniques, design of computer experiments, and model validation;
- Basic understanding of statistical methods and product development practices.